Photo of the Week Challenge (52 Weeks)

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Week 28. I felt pretty bad after running over a grey squirrel this last week so decided to photograph one for a change. I don't normally as they are very common here and an invasive species that have contributed to the massive decline of our native reds. Hardly their fault though, someone brought them here.

grey-squirrel.jpg

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Week 45 (good grief, 7 weeks to complete a year!) Stonechat, one of most willing posers.
Great shot Kev and congrats on the 7 weeks remaining! I don't want to count how many weeks I've missed!! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kevriano

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Week47. My first ever Snow Bunting, not for want of trying in the past, and on the local beach too. Result.
DSC07224 copy.jpg

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Week 31. Since our temporary garden is blessed with lots of little birds I decided to setup a perch to try and catch some of them with a cleaner background. This was just a branch I found then fixed to a fence just in front of the feeder. It's taken them a while to get used to it but slowly they are landing on it more often. We've had some long-tailed tits visiting over the last few days, a bird I've been trying to get a nice shot of for a while but could never get close enough.

long-tailed-tit-2000px.jpg

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Week 32. Trying out the bird eye af on the new a7 IV. It's worked pretty well on most of the small garden birds I've tried it on so far, including this goldfinch. A little more light would have been nice but can't have it all my way! Pretty heavy crop to 2500px.

goldfinch.jpg

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Week 49... A break in our rubbish weather today gave me a chance to get to the beach. Strong winds and high tides this week have shifted a lot of sand, so much so that these old sea defences have re-appeared for the first time in 15 years. Untitled_HDR-2.jpg

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.