Photo of the Week Challenge (52 Weeks)

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Week 1, year 2! Bewicks Swans, a lifer bird for me, hugely in decline now. We get winter migrants every year, but far fewer than previous years. The smallest of the Swan species.
DSC00268 copy.jpg

JDinTulsa

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Nov 16, 2021
Name
Jeff Westmoreland
Country
United States
City/State
Tulsa, OK
Ok, I've been waiting for the new year to try this. Here's my week 1. I told my daughter to sit still. I didn't even see the guys playing rugby in the background until later.
Paige-River Parks.jpg

Reactions: Timothy Mayo

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Tim, for some reason I have a duplicate photo and can't delete on of them. Can you help?
Sorted Jeff. Sorry I missed this earlier! Lovely photo of you with the Bombardier Challenger, it does look like a fantastic plane to fly! I guess at 49,000 feet you are almost in space! :)

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Week 52! Made it and didn't miss a week either, so literally one year since I started this give or take a day.

Female Sparrowhawk with a Starling in my garden this week. Truly extraordinary sight to witness and photograph, and despite dreadful light I am really happy with this shot and how it's turned out.
Plenty of shots to come in a post at some point, the hawk stayed for nearly 4 hours, stripping the Starling to a carcass.
Congratulations Kev! And what an awesome shot to finish week 52 on! :)

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Week 35. I've clearly failed miserably at the 52 week challenge but then I still have 35 photos that I may not have taken otherwise! :) I shall persevere until I hit 52!

A one-legged great tit in the garden. Well its second leg might have been tucked in, I just couldn't see it! :)

DSC09884-Great-Tit-3000px.jpg

Reactions: Clix Pix

Clix Pix

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Country
United States
City/State
Northern Virginia Suburbs of Washington, DC
After having done two of these 52-week challenges in a row (2020 and 2021) on another site plus also sharing the ones from 2021 on this site I am taking a break from all time-sensitive photographic commitments now in 2022. I'll still be shooting, of course, and will continue to share this-and-that from time to time.

Reactions: Kevriano

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Week 2. I don't just do native wildlife, we go to a zoo at least once a month. Tiger Cub at Banham today. DSC01022 copy.jpg

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Week 3. Sanderling and unfortunate Shrimp on the local beach this afternoon. DSC01897-2 copy.jpg ate Shrimp on the local beach this afternoon.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.