Your Photo of the Week

Bah, poor excuse :D Nice shot. How's your prep going?
:) Well we were supposed to complete the sale this week but now it's looking like next week. But now our purchase is looking uncertain as it turns out there is planing permission missing for a sewage treatment plant. So we might soon be homeless! Hope you are having better luck with your move!

:) Well we were supposed to complete the sale this week but now it's looking like next week. But now our purchase is looking uncertain as it turns out there is planing permission missing for a sewage treatment plant. So we might soon be homeless! Hope you are having better luck with your move!
Damn. Supposed to be signing tomorrow or Friday and moving Wednesday, but I'll believe that when I see it. Our buyer is a pain in the butt.

Week 21. I've missed a few weeks unfortunately. I'm so busy with preparing to move house I've barely picked up the camera in the last few weeks. Frank is still getting his walks though, so here's a quick shot of him.

View attachment 12524

Good luck on the move to new digs. Moving is just an awful effort but it is almost always worthwhile. I hope it is so for you.

Damn. Supposed to be signing tomorrow or Friday and moving Wednesday, but I'll believe that when I see it. Our buyer is a pain in the butt.
Sounds like it's all coming together Kev! Fingers crossed that you'll be in your new home come Wednesday! :)

Week 32/52: I didn't have time to check my settings (my ISO was previously set to 3200 because I was shooting indoors) but when I saw these deer I rushed to the window to snap a pic. I think the mother heard my clumsy footfalls as both mother and child were on high alert!
DSC07047.jpg
  • ILCE-6400
  • E 17-70mm F2.8 B070
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 3200

Nope! FFS
Damn :( Hopefully just a slight delay! More delays with our sale as well, and our purchase is hanging by a thread. Never ending....

Damn :( Hopefully just a slight delay! More delays with our sale as well, and our purchase is hanging by a thread. Never ending....
It is never ending. My tourettes has got worse :D

Week 34... The fabulous RNLI boys at Eastbourne, just returning from a rescue today.
DSC09962 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 268.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 400

Week 22. Finally my foot is feeling better so I hiked up my local hills to see if the peregrines are still around (sadly they are a target for the pigeon fanciers around here). Luckily both were accounted for although I didn't get a decent shot, so here's a female stonechat instead.

stonechat.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 500

Cheers Tim. Finally exchanged this afternoon, moving next Wednesday. It's been a nightmare this week, hence being quiet here. I have limited internet now I've had to cancel.Virgin.
Awesome shot Kev. Don't know how I missed this one earlier! Hope there has been some progress this week with your move.

Cheers Tim. Finally exchanged this afternoon, moving next Wednesday. It's been a nightmare this week, hence being quiet here. I have limited internet now I've had to cancel.Virgin.
Awesome! Congratulations Kev, I bet you are both extremely relieved! I hope all goes smoothly with the move, a few days without internet sounds like bliss right now :) Our buyers solicitor decided to raise some last minute enquiries on documents that we'd sent them a month previous, we were not too pleased! Especially as they are mostly silly things like whether the council had checked that all the doors on the estate had been painted black instead of white as it was a condition of the planning permission! I won't get started on our purchase problems! :)

Awesome! Congratulations Kev, I bet you are both extremely relieved! I hope all goes smoothly with the move, a few days without internet sounds like bliss right now :) Our buyers solicitor decided to raise some last minute enquiries on documents that we'd sent them a month previous, we were not too pleased! Especially as they are mostly silly things like whether the council had checked that all the doors on the estate had been painted black instead of white as it was a condition of the planning permission! I won't get started on our purchase problems! :)
Thanks, and don't get me started on lawyers. Honestly, our sellers lawyer yesterday announced that he hadn't got their completed TR1 form, which we filled in fir ours 3 months ago. He'd been insisting he was ready and wasn't at all, and then today he hadn't got their approval to complete. They are utterly useless the lot of them.i hate the dumb questions too. Hopefully they can get sorted. Ours has been 20 weeks and I was told today that most are taking 20 -25 now. Daft.

Thanks, and don't get me started on lawyers. Honestly, our sellers lawyer yesterday announced that he hadn't got their completed TR1 form, which we filled in fir ours 3 months ago. He'd been insisting he was ready and wasn't at all, and then today he hadn't got their approval to complete. They are utterly useless the lot of them.i hate the dumb questions too. Hopefully they can get sorted. Ours has been 20 weeks and I was told today that most are taking 20 -25 now. Daft.
Yep, I'm sure if the solicitors kept track of things properly the whole process would be done in half the time. Our sale started at the end of April and there are definitely still a few more weeks of stress to enjoy. Because we love stress so much we also plan to get married on the 18th Sep! It would be nice to have completed by then but I'm not all that hopeful. Will just have to drink a lot on the wedding weekend to forget about it all :)

Yep, I'm sure if the solicitors kept track of things properly the whole process would be done in half the time. Our sale started at the end of April and there are definitely still a few more weeks of stress to enjoy. Because we love stress so much we also plan to get married on the 18th Sep! It would be nice to have completed by then but I'm not all that hopeful. Will just have to drink a lot on the wedding weekend to forget about it all :)
Yep, Mid April was ours, and getting married, firstly Congratulations, secondly, you must be mad, but I would also have expected you to have been done too. Hope they sort it soon, remember, the Stamp Duty increases again in October!

Week 02. Yes, we fish here. It has been a foundation industry in the past. It was part of the triumvirate: "fur, fish and timber." Fur is long gone other than a few mink farms, fish is pretty depleted and timber is not much. But that is what there is. The trucks are colorful and if the sun ever shines I will retake this one.

DSC00063.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
  • 28.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 100

Well, I disappeared again back in March after Week 12.....sorry about that! I've actually been doing the project each week and have just wrapped up Week 34 and today will begin shooting for Week 35. Rather than glut up the thread with all the images since Week 13 I'll just pick up with Week 34 and hopefully remember to come here each week to add in an image!

Unfurling in the Morning Light.jpeg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 2500

Well, I disappeared again back in March after Week 12.....sorry about that! I've actually been doing the project each week and have just wrapped up Week 34 and today will begin shooting for Week 35. Rather than glut up the thread with all the images since Week 13 I'll just pick up with Week 34 and hopefully remember to come here each week to add in an image!

View attachment 12671

Artful and interesting. Now I wonder about the missing pics.

Last edited:
Thank you! :). I shoot a variety of subjects in various ways......

My Zenfolio gallery has the whole POTW gallery of images that I've shot for this project so far. Also did a POTW in 2020 as well. I shoot frequently during the week and then at week's end I look through the images and pick out the best/most interesting/my favorites -- no more than four or five, and post them to my Zenfolio gallery. Have a look!

This link should take you to the 2021 gallery:

Photos of the Week 2021

34/52: Birthday Girl
DSC07705_5x7_sm.jpg
  • ILCE-6400
  • E 17-70mm F2.8 B070
  • 57.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 1250

Sadly, shooting through the decorations meant my focus was a bit off. One simply cannot use manual focus on these fast moving creatures... I mean children haha😅

Focus or not, the impact remains the same. It looks great.

Week 03 Joseph's Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Josephs coat.jpg
  • ILCE-7M2
  • FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
  • 45.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 6400

Week 04 Ferns This is an archive photo

ferns.jpg
  • CYBERSHOT
  • 9.3 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/45 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
Week 05 and I think I am caught up. Local custom. Yes, the sign is stolen often.

Ooops, this and the other are not Alpha shots. I will leave them up as an example of just how good the 22 year old camera is and post Alpha shots to replace these. I will sit in sackcloth and ashes in penance. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

hug point.jpg
  • CYBERSHOT
  • 13.9 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/260 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
Back