• 1/80 sec
  • ISO 500

gkarkey

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 21, 2020
I know we have moved on to a different topic, but i thought i will post what i captured today(didnt get the time last month)... Hope it is ok.. .. a bit of late start for me. Late is better than never i guess..

Greek 1.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 50mm F1.8
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 640
Greek 2.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 50mm F1.8
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 800

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Malvern
I know we have moved on to a different topic, but i thought i will post what i captured today(didnt get the time last month)... Hope it is ok.. .. a bit of late start for me. Late is better than never i guess...
Looks tasty! If I hadn’t just eaten a lasagne I could definitely force that down! 😋 Posting a little late is all good. Thanks for joining in!

Reactions: gkarkey

liggy

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 13, 2020
Lol...

Fresh ground bison, sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, oatmeal, pumpkin, blueberries and green beans.
This is for our soon to be 17 year old super spoiled four legged baby. :D

Attachments

• 5761410A-B0FE-4A01-B796-68A6A52C28A2.jpeg
    5761410A-B0FE-4A01-B796-68A6A52C28A2.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 22

Exploridaho

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 14, 2020
Name
Greg
Not being critical to everyone here as I get the same results. I notice on almost all the photos only a small portion of the pic is in sharp focus.
This happens to me on a large portion of my closeup shots. is there a secret to getting sharp closeups across the range, I and many others are missing?
I was going to play with focus stacking images, but it would be nice not to always have to set up a tripod take 6 pics and spend time stacking.
Anybody got any good knowledge on nailing cross range focus for closeup but not macro shooting.
Is shooting this, close just asking to much range from a lens without focus stacking?
I myself am typically using my A7III with either a 16-35mm or 24-70 2.8 lens.

liggy

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 13, 2020
Not being critical to everyone here as I get the same results. I notice on almost all the photos only a small portion of the pic is in sharp focus.
This happens to me on a large portion of my closeup shots. is there a secret to getting sharp closeups across the range, I and many others are missing?
I was going to play with focus stacking images, but it would be nice not to always have to set up a tripod take 6 pics and spend time stacking.
Anybody got any good knowledge on nailing cross range focus for closeup but not macro shooting.
Is shooting this, close just asking to much range from a lens without focus stacking?
I myself am typically using my A7III with either a 16-35mm or 24-70 2.8 lens.
Other than stopping down - focus stacking is about it. Good light and dialing in your desired DOF. I don’t have a proper macro lens for my Sony kit but focus stacking is super easy in Affinity Photo.

Exploridaho

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 14, 2020
Name
Greg
That was my assumption, the focus stacking process looks fairly quick and easy.
Its more having to break out a tripod to get the job done. means you gotta stop the show so to speak in the middle of a dinner party so you can get a photo of a dinner plate.
less awkward of your in a photo studio for a shoot

liggy

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 13, 2020
That was my assumption, the focus stacking process looks fairly quick and easy.
Its more having to break out a tripod to get the job done. means you gotta stop the show so to speak in the middle of a dinner party so you can get a photo of a dinner plate.
less awkward of your in a photo studio for a shoot
No argument there. Then again if I were to take a serious food image I’d have a tripod and lights with modifiers. :)

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.