Followers
Following
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, CA
I went to a Jet Fly yesterday. It was at a familiar venue but I only made day 3 of 3. The first two days the temperature was 117° F (47° C) and I didn't need the punishment. I have a few sample pictures here and a link to my Flickr album if you would like to see more. No in-flight action pictures here because I didn't have a great vantage point. In any case, there was some nice looking aircraft there. I hope you enjoy seeing them. Oh, the first picture must of heard about a Fly-In but didn't read the whole announcement! Here is the link to the full set of photos.

Jet Rally-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 20mm F1.8 G
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100
Jet Rally-6.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 20mm F1.8 G
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100
Jet Rally-15.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 20mm F1.8 G
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100
Jet Rally-27.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 20mm F1.8 G
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100

COOL!

Awesome. Loving the one in the foreground of last shot. That's some serious R/C model.

The first image looks really cool. 🌞

Crazy stuff. My uncle has always built these things.

I'd imagine there would have been some extremely passionate humans down there yesterday.

Awesome. Loving the one in the foreground of last shot. That's some serious R/C model.
If you don't already know, these aircraft make photography look inexpensive. Most of these guys have more than one, and you pretty much have to have a Camper for these meets. I was standing next to a guy who asked an owner how much he had in it and the answer was $18,000 and it was not large. What do you say to your Wife after you crash ONE of your jets. OOPS!?

If you don't already know, these aircraft make photography look inexpensive. Most of these guys have more than one, and you pretty much have to have a Camper for these meets. I was standing next to a guy who asked an owner how much he had in it and the answer was $18,000 and it was not large. What do you say to your Wife after you crash ONE of your jets. OOPS!?
Yeah. Funnily enough I showed my wife and said there's some serious coin in these models. They are amazing, but definitely a rich mans hobby.

We used to have insurance on ours but that was years ago and yes photography is cheaper depending on how much gas you have;)

It's like anything else. The guy flying the A-10 Warthog has a ton into it, but you can also get into the hobby for under $1k.

When I walk out the door to the track I'm carrying $8k worth of stuff, and A) I shoot cheaper lenses and B) my most expensive lens is left at home.

You guys with an A1 and a 70-200 trump me with one body and one lens. A Leica medium format body is $20k, full frame lenses can be 10K.

So, if you're happy flying an A7-III it doesn't have to be insanely expensive. If you want to fly a Leica though, better have deep pockets!

That A-10! Nice!

That A-10! Nice!
One of my favorites for sure. Many of the A-10 (R/C Aircraft) pilots go to great lengths for realism to include a sound system used for playing the sound of a Gatling Gun with accompanying smoke and the ability to launch little flares as the real aircraft would to confuse an incoming missile attack.

Back