Sdawes

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Young Red Fox enjoying some early evening sunshine.
DSC02354-Edit.tif2-1.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 400

Beautiful

They are beautiful wee beasts. We have few but I have seen one in the wild, a long, long time ago.

They are beautiful animals but sadly they are relentlessly persecuted by many here in the UK .

So many years from when these were bought to Australia, so the gentry could still do their hunting.
And they have not changed in their looks one little bit. Means if it works why change it through evolution.

So many years from when these were bought to Australia, so the gentry could still do their hunting.
And they have not changed in their looks one little bit. Means if it works why change it through evolution.

I hope they are not the curse that introduced cats and rabbits are. Funny when you reflect on it. The convicts were not a problem but those damned bunnies sure are. Only in Oz. ;o)

I hope they are not the curse that introduced cats and rabbits are. Funny when you reflect on it. The convicts were not a problem but those damned bunnies sure are. Only in Oz. ;o)
They are but like many things, life just goes on. But in many states they are making it so cats can not no longer roam anywhere they like.
You now have to build secure structure if you want them to go outside. I say it's a good thing but cat lovers hate it. But Dogs are not allowed to roam so why is the cat and honestly cat do more wildlife destruction than any dog.

They are but like many things, life just goes on. But in many states they are making it so cats can not no longer roam anywhere they like.
You now have to build secure structure if you want them to go outside. I say it's a good thing but cat lovers hate it. But Dogs are not allowed to roam so why is the cat and honestly cat do more wildlife destruction than any dog.

We have a cat problem here, too, as they kill massive amounts of songbirds. Their owners are intransigent in denying responsibility. Yes, life goes on.

They are beautiful animals but sadly they are relentlessly persecuted by many here in the UK .
Unfortunayely not only in UK, but in Italy as well.

We surprised each other when out for a walk in Winterthur. He stopped and posed for me.
DSC03061-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 1000

We have a cat problem here, too, as they kill massive amounts of songbirds. Their owners are intransigent in denying responsibility. Yes, life goes on.
Here in Australia it is now illegal to let your cats wonder the streets freely. They have to have them inside all the time so people have have to go out and buy or make cages which the cat can not escape from so they can go outside. I have not seen a cat in my home town for over a year and I think this is what all places should take on as well because of what you have said about the killing of birds as this is the way to stop it.

Back