Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
One thing I hadn't purchased yet was a fast prime. I like the 35 instead of the 50, finding it to be more useful in close indoor situations which is where I tend to use them. I had pretty much settled on a Sony /1.8 but decided to hold off due to the recent extensive outlay for the camera(s) and lenses.

Then KEH sent an email about their 20% off sale on overstocks. Uh-oh.

Since I have almost zero self control in these situations, I naturally decided to check out the sale items, and there it was: A LN Samyang 35/1.4, refurbished/certified by Samyang with one year warranty from both KEH and Samyang. Since that lens hadn't been on my radar I went and looked for image samples and reviews. Pretty impressive and the same kind of results I get with the Samyang 7.5 and 85 on M-4/3.

With normal pricing I probably would've stuck with the Sony, but this was too good to pass up. OTD price was just under $350.

Please, KEH...take my money...

I recently looked at 35mm options for street photography. So not only did I need it to be sharp, it also had to be lightweight and compact. I did a lot of research and came across a used Sonnar FE 2.8/35mm. So far, I've only taken a few portraits with it and I realized that this lens will make your subjects self conscious, because it will show every last little hair and freckle. This is the sharpest lens I've ever owned and it might very well become my favorite.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back