Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
$39.99, and it shipped free for some reason. It says limited number at this price, so they may be ready to release a new version. The Rokinon is on sale too, but $10 more. They're interchangeable, not sure why they do that.

This may be a dumb question, but what is a "lens station" and why would one need or want such a thing?

It connects to your computer to upgrade firmware and customize lens functions. Now that I think about it, the new lenses have a mini-USB port, so maybe they're doing away with it altogether. They make them for Canon and Nikon as well. Since I have 3 Sam-Rok lenses, I figured I should get one while the gettin' was good.

Ah, thanks! I guess I don't need to be concerned about this, then, since I've got mostly Sony lenses, a few Voigtlanders and one outlier, a Meike fisheye.

It connects to your computer to upgrade firmware and customize lens functions. Now that I think about it, the new lenses have a mini-USB port, so maybe they're doing away with it altogether. They make them for Canon and Nikon as well. Since I have 3 Sam-Rok lenses, I figured I should get one while the gettin' was good.
Sigma had them a long time ago - I owned two: one in Canon EF and one in Nikon F mount.

Sigma had them a long time ago - I owned two: one in Canon EF and one in Nikon F mount.
Surprising they still have the Nikon and Canon in stock. I'm thinking they're NOS.

Just updated the firmware on the 24 and 135. The 35 was already up to date. Worked like a dream, and there's a bit more confidence using the computer than the camera, at least for me. I'm always afraid I'll brick the camera when updating a lens, the lens station makes that impossible.

Back