Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Sony winter cashback offers in Europe are back for 2021 with £300 / €300 off the price of the a7R III and a7R IV, £200 / €200 off the a7III plus many more deals.

Full details in the blog post here:

Just be careful when you enter your details. I did this for the summer cash back and when I queried why I hadn’t received the £100 casback, Sony claimed I’d input the wrong account number and wouldn’t do anything about it. The problem is that their online claim system doesn’t give you a copy of what you’ve input and so I had no evidence to argue with them. I now take a screenshot of all such online forms as evidence. i don’t understand why their payment system proceeded with the transaction, as I thought current banking practice was for them to check that the sort code, account number and name on the account all match - which obviously they would not have in this case.

• Admin
That's frustrating David. They tried to decline my cashback once because they said I'd claimed too many times, although it was only because they counted my claims from both summer and winter cashback offers! I couldn't see anything about that in their t&c's so complained and eventually got it paid out. You have to be careful with Amazon as well, as it looks like they are no longer an authorised distributor in the UK so any claims won't count, third party items purchased through Amazon marketplace will only be valid if the seller is an authorised distributor.

I had two claims at the same time (camera + 24-105 then 200-600). Fortunately, they paid out the £400 for the first one but not the £100 for the second, so its could have been worse if it was the other way around!

Back