Martin Harrison

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
City/State
Lancashire
I recently bought a Shimoda Action X50 following reading a recommendation on Tims 200-600 bag review. It fits the 200-600 with an A7RIV attached perfectly, which is exactly what I was looking for, but I've found another advantage when out and about using the 200-600. There are two heavy duty attachments on either side of the waist belt. I think they were designed to hold ice axes and the like, giving quick access, but I've found that you can easily slip in the foot of the 200-600 when moving between shots and take the weight on your hips rather than your arms. I use the Peak Design strap for security, but I found it a lot easier when letting the waist belt take the weight.

I thought this might be useful info for others considering the bag.

200-600.jpeg

Interesting. I've used a Black Rapid Sport for years, on all of my big zooms. I like the single point fixing and the lens hanging to hand at my side.

Great tip! I have the same bag and lens. I had been using my pants pocket but this sounds better.

Just a note, with the Shimoda mirrorless insert (large), A1 with 200-600 attached will not fit (or too tight of fit).

Back