Sierra Access 2.0 options for camera gear

Speedforce

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Derek
Hi All,
A very specific question as I am travelling and would like a backpack as do not think the making bag with gear be good on the back. I have the above backpack and was wandering if anyone has attempted to turn a backpack into a hybrid camera bag and how have you done it. Carrying a MacBook Pro and all my gear and pieces can be quite taxing on the back. I know there are camera cubes but wanted to get some feedback on options. I have a Sony a6400, 16mm prime, 18-135 and flash but. Most likely be leaving the kit lens.
TIA
Derek

My kneejerk reaction is: a6400 + 2 lenses and a flash = Easy Peazy.
However, the more I think about it, you might want to consider: Do you want to simply pack away the camera securely or do you want a backpack where you can have the camera ready to go by simply reaching in, grab camera and snap some shots.
If the situation is the former, you can use your existing bag plus camera cube or find a box for the camera, and the lenses can either be in a box, bag, or even wrapped in a t-shirt.
If the situation is the latter, you want a dedicated camera bag designed with easy access ports/zips like a Peak Design, Nomatic, Wandrd, Brevite.
Next, how much space do you need? 20L bag or 30L?
Do you need it to fit beneath an airplane/train seat? might need a specific shape and sacrifice some capacity.
Do you have specific needs? for example, do you need it to be waterproof?
Do you need space or mounting options for a tripod?

So yeah, it will take some trial and error to find what's right for you.

My kneejerk reaction is: a6400 + 2 lenses and a flash = Easy Peazy.
However, the more I think about it, you might want to consider: Do you want to simply pack away the camera securely or do you want a backpack where you can have the camera ready to go by simply reaching in, grab camera and snap some shots.
If the situation is the former, you can use your existing bag plus camera cube or find a box for the camera, and the lenses can either be in a box, bag, or even wrapped in a t-shirt.
If the situation is the latter, you want a dedicated camera bag designed with easy access ports/zips like a Peak Design, Nomatic, Wandrd, Brevite.
Next, how much space do you need? 20L bag or 30L?
Do you need it to fit beneath an airplane/train seat? might need a specific shape and sacrifice some capacity.
Do you have specific needs? for example, do you need it to be waterproof?
Do you need space or mounting options for a tripod?

So yeah, it will take some trial and error to find what's right for you.
Thanks Fowler, good points to consider I have been looking online but not considered say wrapping up some eguipment
I have a messenger bag which I failed to mention but I am happy with it. Just that when I pack my laptop it does not work well with my back hence I leave the laptop most of the time. So considering to leave the messenger camera bag home.
Being I am travelling a backpack would be good for the back support. I just happen to buy the sierra one recently which I like.
So now I am thinking to get a camera insert bag which will allow relatively fast access to the camera and will house my 2 lenses.
I have seen some options which make me think it would be cheaper just to buy a camera backpack lol
But anyways will proceed with the trial and error as you mention with a month to play with
Cheers
Derek

not done this myself, however I use a peak design capture clip when out walking. It does help to balance the weight as well as making my camera easily accessible

Here is my Leather Bag for most of my Sony equipment but so far I've been ill for the last year and a half and did not used it at all, It is made in Germany runs between$600-$800 it is expensive but made very well. I hope I get better one day and use it .
I am waiting to buy the Sony FX6 available Late January 2023 as ive just sold my Sony FX3 never used it and lost over $900 but I will be using my new Sony ILCE-7M4. I bought it when it came out but haven't used yet, I have other cameras but I will narrow my collection due to my health.
But this bag you can special order at B&H but it's not returnable. I bought mine it was a stock item but when I tried to return in within a week one of there guys went put on it a note special order but no one would help me to do anything about sit so I minimized my buying from them and but at Aorama which I recommend as B&H it getting to be a crook.

Attachments

• tempImagebxeVoL.jpg
    tempImagebxeVoL.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 26
Back