Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS Firmware Update Ver.02

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Sigma has released firmware Ver.02 for their 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary lens for Sony E-mount.

The firmware addresses the two following issues:

・It has improved the phenomenon whereby the lens’s optical stabilizer effect differs depending on the shutter type and drive mode used.
・It has corrected the phenomenon whereby the lens firmware cannot be updated via the camera.

Unfortunately it seems that the firmware cannot be updated from Ver.01 to Ver.02 by the end-user via the camera. Therefore, Sigma will update the lens firmware free of charge. Of course, this unfortunately means that you will nee to send the lens off to them, and will most likely incur a hefty shipping charge when you add the shipping insurance.

Further details are available in this post on Sigma’s website. And details of your local Sigma authorized service station can be found at https://www.sigma-global.com/en/world-network/

I find it quite bizarre that in 2021 a lens needs to be returned to the manufacturer to update the firmware, and I suspect that many existing owners might not want to go to the trouble if they aren't experiencing any issues.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.