So have you ever really thought how good the focus system and lenses are on sony digital. images from 2020 a7iii 200-600

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

spudhead

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
So while at a wildlife park with mates we note a leopard behind 2 wire fences in the distance, a mate chirps up shame it would have been a good shot that! So surrounded by cannon nikon users I say could still be ok, huh £ 20.00 quid says you cannot get a head shot from that! followed by 2 others I will
leopard 2020.jpg
  • ILCE-7M3
  • Sony FE 200–600mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS (SEL200600G)
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 400
leopard 2020 1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M3
  • Sony FE 200–600mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS (SEL200600G)
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 400
match it. So resting lens on a wooden fence rail and focusing beyond first wire fence with only 80th shutter speed I got the below first shot out of camera nothing done raw to jpeg for site upload and second a bit of editing left a bit of wire at the top of the head shot. Result was £60.00 better off that day

Fools and their money. I think you can make that shot on most cameras if you know what your doing :)

Fools and their money. I think you can make that shot on most cameras if you know what your doing :)
yep and I never told them it would be good, I did the 80th second thing just to rub the salt in the wounds;) and I was surprised when they paid up

Nice job. That would've been an easy shot for the Panasonic G9 and 100-400. About 2 years after the G9 release Panasonic came out with a firmware update that actually improved the features instead of just fixing a bug. It added (Are you listening Sony?) a near/far focus option, which I had assigned to the two function buttons between the grip and lens. I could reach these with my middle and third fingers without changing my grip. That system was crazy good for those type shots. For example, it would focus on an airplane passing behind a tree as long as it was visible. For that matter it would just focus on the sky behind the tree. It was very fast and accurate. Of all the cool features M-4/3 has, that's one I used regularly.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back