Sony A7 IV Dual Card Setup Not Switching

albpez378

Followers
Following
Name
Alberto Lopez
Hi All,

Thank you in advance.

I have the Sony a7 IV and tried to setup dual card switching, then when 1st memory gets full automatic switch to the 2nd memory. I follow multiple YouTube and Google articles and the process is pretty straight forward. My camera for some reason does not switch when 1st memory is full and I need to swap it manually. It just gave me a message “No space on the memory card. Slot 1.”

Any advice ?

Thanks a lot.

Solution
I’ve covered this from around 1:27 in this video:

I can’t see why it wouldn’t work providing you have auto switch media set to on like Ray said and the card that you are using in slot 2 is working correctly.
I assume you have a cf express card in slot 1 and SDC in slot 2.

Have you switched the auto switch media setting under the “shooting -media“ menu item from off to on....? This is set to off by default and needs to be switched from off to on to implement back-up to card 2 when card 1 is full........

Try this in the first instance....

If the above does not work go to YouTube and search for “Galer media settings a7Riv” this video is by Marc Galer a prominent Sony ambassador and explains the set up of the cameras media storage in detail....follow this to check you have followed the correct set-up process......

Also check you do not have your second card locked (Switch on the side of the card) if you are using SD cards........a simple error which we have all made at some time.....

Hi Deleted Member 5003,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. I am using a Sandisk SD cards 128 GB, v90 in slot 1 and 1 v30 in slot 2. Now that you mentioned I am not sure is that matters in order to auto switch when slot 1 gets full.

Once again thank you for your comments, I will check the other tips you mentioned and I will post what I find.

AL.

I’ve covered this from around 1:27 in this video:

I can’t see why it wouldn’t work providing you have auto switch media set to on like Ray said and the card that you are using in slot 2 is working correctly.

Solution
Hi Deleted Member 5003 and Timothy,

Thank you so much to both of you, with your help I can find what was going on. First I double check the lock in memory and was ok, no lock, second a review the settings (by the way that is one of the video I saw before, thank you, great video).

What happen to me was I have one set of settings in memory #1 and other settings in #2 in the dial and only had setup Auto Switch option in setup #1. When a I moved my dial to #2 and reviewed the settings I had the OFF option in Auto Switch menu.

Thank you guys for this quick tips I can identify was what's wrong with my setup.

AL.

Hi Deleted Member 5003 and Timothy,

Thank you so much to both of you, with your help I can find what was going on. First I double check the lock in memory and was ok, no lock, second a review the settings (by the way that is one of the video I saw before, thank you, great video).

What happen to me was I have one set of settings in memory #1 and other settings in #2 in the dial and only had setup Auto Switch option in setup #1. When a I moved my dial to #2 and reviewed the settings I had the OFF option in Auto Switch menu.

Thank you guys for this quick tips I can identify was what's wrong with my setup.

AL.
Pleased to Support Alberto.......

Back