Sony A7 IV Sony A7 IV wireless tethering with Imaging Edge on MacBook Pro

MahkyMahk

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Mark Marino
Hi all -

I was able to get wireless tethering between my A7IV and my MacBook Pro up and running pretty easily via Wifi Direct. Seems to work pretty well so far. Which is pretty surprising based on how awful the Imaging Edge app is on my iPad.

I'd really like to just use this to basically double-check my pictures on a bigger screen (my ancient eyes don't much like the tiny panel on the camera) and also to show images to my clients.

Right now it's only taking pictures and saving them as RAW files on the MBP, but I'd prefer saving them to the memory cards on the camera too. Can you do that?

Any other tips for using Imaging Edge wireless tethering with the A7IV?

That's good news. I'd really like to tether wirelessly. I tested Imaging Edge with a cable yesterday. Worked fine. Gonna test the wired tether with Capture One tonight.

More luck than I.
I've got the A7iv camera connected to my wifi router and I can see it listed on the router, but the MBP doesn't see the camera. Seems no joy from the Imaging Edge desktop app.

Also, weird how my phone has to connect with Bluetooth to the camera so that the phone can connect to the camera's own private little wifi network. It's easier to just pull out the SD card and load them to MBP using the apple photos app. Then at least they're safely stashed on iCloud.

What I'd like to see is a button on the camera that syncs the images with iCloud. Even google photos. That would also be fine.

G

Back