Sony A7 III Sony A7III and Nikon Lens Adapter

Marina

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Marina
Hello everyone! How are you? I hope everyone is ok! :D

First of all, thanks for admitting me! I hope to learn a lot from you.

So the reason I joined this forum, is because I'm about to buy my first Sony Camera, yay! I'm thinking of buying the a7iii, as few people told me is the best balance between photo and video, (I'm a street photographer and videographer, and I would like to still do both things).

My actual gear is a Nikon D3100 with these lenses:
-Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8D
-Nikkor 24mm 1:2.8D
-Nikon DX 18-55 1:3.5 - 5.6 G
-Nikon DX 55 - 200 1:4.5 - 5.6 G

I was thinking of buying a lens adapter as I'd like to use my 4 lenses. (My budget is really, really tight). So I thought this could be a good option. I'm used working on manual, (for video and photo), so not having autofocus is not a big deal for me, (but better if I can have it).

I have a few questions:
-Do you think is worth it buying a lens adapter? in that case, which one do you recommend for my Nikon lenses?
-Will I lose a lot of detail, color, or gain vignette with that adapter?
- Do you think it would be good for video and photo?
-One of my main worries is the ISO working on low light, (as my Nikon is really poor on that aspect), how do you think it will work with the adapter?

Sorry for this long post, but I'm quite lost here and as my budget is really low, I'm trying to seek the most advice possible.

Thank you everyone, and I hope you have a great day!

I purchased a lens adapter for my A6400 in Amazon so I can use all the old Nikon glass I have (F mount) take a look at the liink, he may answer your questions

There's a lot of experience with adapted lenses of various brands so I suggest you search.

Nikon adaptation is a bit chancy as Nikon don't share their specs and adaptor makers have to reverse engineer their units. A firmware change in a lens can sink its adaptation.

I bought a well-regarded adapter that claimed to work with my two Nikkor telephotos and it did well enough with one and completely failed with the other.

Back