Sony A7 III RAW Problem

asfodelo

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Antonello Chiaramida
Hi everyone, I bought the A7III that I use together with the 200-600 sel for a few months,

I noticed that the compressed and uncompressed raw files have detailed JPEG files

extra-fine at 10 mb and 8 mb, while the 24 mb jpeg has a lower detail.

What can be the causes ??? Thank you

Hi everyone, I bought the A7III that I use together with the 200-600 sel for a few months,

I noticed that the compressed and uncompressed raw files have detailed JPEG files

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I'm not understanding your statement. As it is written it sounds like you're getting 3 jpegs with your RAW image. I shoot uncompressed RAW (Only) with my A7M3 and I get one image. Now I do have my camera setup to take JPEGs on Card 2. Thats only for a quick review of my shoot session when I get home before I attack the RAW files with Lightroom.

I try to explain better:

first low quality compressed raw shot

second shot raw uncompressed low quality

third shot in jpeg 24 mb extrafine low quality

fourth shot in jpeg 16 mb extrafine Good quality

fifth, shot in jpeg 8 mb extrafine excellent quality

I try to explain better:

first low quality compressed raw shot

second shot raw uncompressed low quality

third shot in jpeg 24 mb extrafine low quality

fourth shot in jpeg 16 mb extrafine Good quality

fifth, shot in jpeg 8 mb extrafine excellent quality

OK, what mode are you working in? Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority? What other settings can you tell us about? Is your battery fully charged? What quality is/are the SD cards? What firmware are you using in the camera? If you are using an auto lens, what firmware are you using in that? I'd make sure my firmware is up to date and the battery is full for starters. Do you have the same results on a different SD card?

I'm just throwing this stuff out trying to see if it is a simple solution. And we have to eliminate as many possibilities as possible.

thanks, the photos are made in M 1/2000 f.6.3 all the shots, the card is sony

300 mb write, yes the problem is also present on other cards, I use capture one for the files and also camera raw, I can post photos to be able to compare the files

1 file raw
2 file jpeg 24 mb extrafine

Attachments

• _DSC4693.jpg
    _DSC4693.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 42
  • _DSC4692.jpg
    _DSC4692.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 45
How does it work in sRGB as opposed to aRGB? It is a shot in the dark to suspect that the Adobe color scheme is to blame but let's try everything. And you are up to date on firmware, right? FWIW I have seen sRGB touted as having a better color spectrum than the Adobe aRGB. Maybe someone will comment on that.

yes I have updated with the latest firmware and I have tried both adobe and super RGB

yes I have updated with the latest firmware and I have tried both adobe and super RGB

You are going to need someone way smarter than I am. You seem to have done all I would have thought of. I would Google the problem and also check YouTube. That is all I can think of, other than a really good dinner. ;o)

Have you tried a factory reset? I believe it is possible to save your current settings to an SD in the camera. Anyway, if you still have the problem after a factory reset that would be strange. Time for a trip to the camera store. If you do not have the problem after the reset you can re-apply settings one at a time until you find the rat in the woodpile.

Have you tried a factory reset? Did it work? Where are you with this problem?/Você já tentou uma redefinição de fábrica? Funcionou? Onde você está com esse problema?

I would be suspicious of the camera noise reduction settings, maybe too agressive/high for the JPEGs, try lower or switch those off.
Those do not take effect on the RAW (or the embbeded JPEG that is generated from them to be included with/inside the RAW)

Back