Sony A9 Sony A9 Viewing the Focus Point

russellsnr

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Russell Webb (snr)
Hi, Is there a way on the A9 when reviewing an image on the LCD screen to see where the focus point fell? my son has the Nikon Z6 ll and he gets a small square on the image to show this.
Thankyou, Russ.

No there isn't mate.
Only the a7 Siii the A1 and a7iv have this feature. It's called Focus Frame Display and it is on the Playback page under Playback Option on menu tab 35/54 on the a7iv.

Good info, I had no idea. Not sure what I'd ever use it for?

Not sure what you are looking for I have the a9 and if you press the magnify image it enlarges to the focus point of the taken image.

Not sure what you are looking for I have the a9 and if you press the magnify image it enlarges to the focus point of the taken image.
When reviewing images on some newer models you can see the focus location like in this example photo of my pizza bench. Viewing the focus frame on PC can be done by using the Sony Imaging Edge Viewer. It's a selectable option in View settings.

Focus Frame Display example.jpg

I thought he was asking about the lcd screen ie on camera rear screen, so the image maginfy does magnify to focus point but without the green box . I do not use the sony apps anymore so that news to me

I thought he was asking about the lcd screen ie on camera rear screen
Yeah, he was. I was just showing you what it looks like on the lcd. The green box is visible on the LCD scren as well.

Yeah, he was. I was just showing you what it looks like on the lcd. The green box is visible on the LCD scren as well.
'The green box is visible on the LCD screen as well' But this is only on the newer models when reviewing an image on the camera LCD screen ? Thank You, Russ.

Back