SONY and Mirrorless Innovation

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

yyjDennis

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2021
Name
Dennis Cloutier
Interesting article. I was an early adopter of micro 4/3 back when everyone thought you were nuts to use a mirrorless camera. I hung on for a long time hoping they'd deal with issues like viewfinder blackout. I just recently gave up and my Olympus gear is for sale and I am supposed to be picking up an A1 and some Sony lenses tomorrow (W00T!).

I think being the first one into a market can be risky. If I compare cameras to electric cars I think Tesla is Olympus. It remains to be seen who's going to be Sony.

Paul stuart

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 29, 2020
Interesting article. I was an early adopter of micro 4/3 back when everyone thought you were nuts to use a mirrorless camera. I hung on for a long time hoping they'd deal with issues like viewfinder blackout. I just recently gave up and my Olympus gear is for sale and I am supposed to be picking up an A1 and some Sony lenses tomorrow (W00T!).

I think being the first one into a market can be risky. If I compare cameras to electric cars I think Tesla is Olympus. It remains to be seen who's going to be Sony.
This is just what i have done ,olympus when released was meant to be the best thing since sliced bread in many ways it was but once sony made their range of cameras just as compact as m43 but a larger sensor with close to same pixel pitch ,it marked a end ,olympus stuff is very well engineered and a few features that none have ie pro capture up to 18 fps before shutter pressed ,focus stacking compiled in camera ,pixel shift hi res compiled in camera ,in built filters up to 5 stops ,best stabilization ,live composite ,really had they made a 35mm version they would have had a larger following .

Reciprocum

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Jan 9, 2021
Name
Afonso Santos
Country
Portugal
First was filmless, then mirrorless, then will be shutterless, then lensless, then camera less (neuralink).

Last edited:

AlphaWorld

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Apr 8, 2021
Name
Tony
It didn't really say much. I'd have expected to see some more discussion of the headline, but there was almost nothing.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.