Followers
Following
Name
Zé Fontes
Country
Portugal
City/State
Porto
I am on the search for a full lens cover for my brand new Sony FE 200-600mm. Possibly camouflage pattern, but the priority here is protection and not necessarily to engage in super stealth mode.
I am based in Europe, in Portugal.

Many suggest the LensCoat but it is overexpensive in regard to the competition.

My research is summarised to the following options:
- Rolanpro - Not neoprene, apparently it is nylon and waterproof. I think this is the best approach for the accessibility on the lens' buttons
- EasyCover - Easy to acquire here. I am not very fond of their patterns but they have a good price point below 50€. There's not many info online, especially regarding the materials and how they deal with the buttons
- Outdoor Photography Gear
- Huga Nature

It would be great to hear your thoughts on these, and also if you have other suggestions.

I'm using the LensCoat but I'm not overly impressed by the quality for the price, I don't think I'd be in a rush to buy another one. The RolanPro looks nice but I'm not sure if it offers much protection. I've only heard good things about the one from Outdoor Photography Gear, so I'd probably grab this if I was buying again.

I'm using the LensCoat but I'm not overly impressed by the quality for the price, I don't think I'd be in a rush to buy another one. The RolanPro looks nice but I'm not sure if it offers much protection. I've only heard good things about the one from Outdoor Photography Gear, so I'd probably grab this if I was buying again.
I went for the OPG one. Very excited!

I have the lenscoat cover and also the huga nature which is nice , but I still perfer lenscoats I have 4 on other lenses ,yes they are costly compared to many others

I have OPG covers on my Nikon (washes mouth out with soap and water) lenses. They are superb

I use a LensCoat and the OPG one (on eBay) which I find is thicker and better finished. And cheaper.
They both have trouble where a ring has to cover a shoulder (it slips down) and where there's a window over the switches (obscures some and makes it harder to operate the slides).

From all this feedback I'm getting sure I've done the best choice :)

Back