Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Saw these at BH, probably at other places too. Lots of stuff on sale. A7-II with kit lens is under $1k.

III, RIII, II, IV, RIV, etc. Up to $900 off from what I can tell.

Saw these at BH, probably at other places too. Lots of stuff on sale. A7-II with kit lens is under $1k.

III, RIII, II, IV, RIV, etc. Up to $900 off from what I can tell.
Nice Tim I hope they do something here in the uk

I'm trying really bloody hard to NOT buy a 40mm f2.5 G right now... ‍🥴

Any news on the new Sony 85 f1.2?

85. There was mention on sonyalpharumours some time ago, although after searching, there hasn't really been any further info or leaks. I thought maybe Tim had some inside info.
I was trying to decide on whether to upgrade from the 85 f1.8 to the f1.4. Ryda had them for a good price the other day.

I'm trying really bloody hard to NOT buy a 40mm f2.5 G right now... ‍🥴
I like mine - he he hope I didn’t just give you case of GAS (in case you didn’t know, it’s G,ear - A,cquisition - S,yndrome)

I like mine - he he hope I didn’t just give you case of GAS (in case you didn’t know, it’s G,ear - A,cquisition - S,yndrome)

I'm managing to hold off on it. Simply questioned myself why I want it as I love my Sony 20mm as a light run about lens. Then I have the 16-35mm, a 28-200mm and a 24-70mm. So I definitely don't NEED the 40mm, I just have a thing for things that are of beautiful build quality, so I think that's the only reason I like that lens. It looks bloody amazing without the lens shroud on, but I never use the shroud anyway, I leave those in the box the lens comes in...

85. There was mention on sonyalpharumours some time ago, although after searching, there hasn't really been any further info or leaks. I thought maybe Tim had some inside info.
I was trying to decide on whether to upgrade from the 85 f1.8 to the f1.4. Ryda had them for a good price the other day.

What about the Sigma 85mm f1.4 DG DN Art..?

There's that Australian ebay store called dcexpert, he already has Sigma stuff cheap but every few weeks he has the 20% off as well. By memory I ended up paying $1150 for my one. I also buy my filters there too, absolutely ridiculous how cheap they are...

What about the Sigma 85mm f1.4 DG DN Art..?

There's that Australian ebay store called dcexpert, he already has Sigma stuff cheap but every few weeks he has the 20% off as well. By memory I ended up paying $1150 for my one. I also buy my filters there too, absolutely ridiculous how cheap they are...
Decent option. I'll have look at some images and consider how much I need the extra 2/3rds from the 85 f1.8 I have. After the seeing the results of the 50 f1.2, I am keen to see if the Sony 85 1.2 (when it ever arrives) becomes a world beater for portraits.

I have bought quite a bit from dcxpert and they do have good prices. That Sigma 85 1.4 DG DN Art is currently $1087 which is a very enticing price, although I am trying to curb my spending a little. I feel like I am on a spending spree at the moment. I recently bought a Gozney Dome pizza oven, the a7iv (several months ago) the 20 f1.8, backed the kiboko city commuter camera backpack on kickstarter among other things. I need to stop buy "stuff" :ROFLMAO:
That is a good price though. :sneaky:

Decent option. I'll have look at some images and consider how much I need the extra 2/3rds from the 85 f1.8 I have. After the seeing the results of the 50 f1.2, I am keen to see if the Sony 85 1.2 (when it ever arrives) becomes a world beater for portraits.

I have bought quite a bit from dcxpert and they do have good prices. That Sigma 85 1.4 DG DN Art is currently $1087 which is a very enticing price, although I am trying to curb my spending a little. I feel like I am on a spending spree at the moment. I recently bought a Gozney Dome pizza oven, the a7iv (several months ago) the 20 f1.8, backed the kiboko city commuter camera backpack on kickstarter among other things. I need to stop buy "stuff" :ROFLMAO:
That is a good price though. :sneaky:

It is a bloody good price... 🥳

Go for Clint.. you only live once…
I heard a fitting quote yesterday.

Die with memories, not dreams.

And like my mother always said, Life is short, you should have whatever you want.

Currently Sony have a cashback promo in Australia, so any aussies looking to buy anything on the cashback list, find a good price, request a price match via Sony website, click through cashrewards for another 7% off (at time of this comment as it does go up and down) then also claim cashback. :)

Sadly, the USA $500 rebate on A7R4 seems to have only been for October. As of now (early November) it is back up to full price. Seems odd to me they did not keep it going, since the price is now within $500 of the newly announced A7R5. I could see with the sale people choosing the older version to save a thousand bucks, but to save only five hundred bucks I am not sure who would choose the older model instead of the new one?

Sadly, the USA $500 rebate on A7R4 seems to have only been for October. As of now (early November) it is back up to full price. Seems odd to me they did not keep it going, since the price is now within $500 of the newly announced A7R5. I could see with the sale people choosing the older version to save a thousand bucks, but to save only five hundred bucks I am not sure who would choose the older model instead of the new one?
They'll be back on sale soon. They had to raise the price back to normal so they could put them back on sale over the holidays.

They'll be back on sale soon. They had to raise the price back to normal so they could put them back on sale over the holidays.
In a perverse sort of way, I guess that makes sense.

I've seen $500 off the a7R IV a few times this year, the discount will definitely be back and I'd expect a new lower price as soon as the a7R V hits the shelves as well.

I've seen $500 off the a7R IV a few times this year, the discount will definitely be back and I'd expect a new lower price as soon as the a7R V hits the shelves as well.
Correct. It'd never do to have them $400 apart.

They're back.

Quite a few instant rebates on Adorama too. 'Tis the season...

Back