Sydney, Australia - Amatuer/Hobbyist call me what you will.

Hank

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Hank
Country
Australia
City/State
Sydney, New South Wales
Hi alphashooters,

I was able to come back to photography as a hobby after raising 4 kids and finally afford some reasonable kit. I started off with the a6000 several years ago then progressed to the a7iii a few years later and just this week have taken delivery of an a7iv, which incidentally is what brought me here, looking for details about the forward focus Eye AF issue.

Anyway, I enjoy doing portraits, wildlife and sports and photographing the moon.

My wife an I had a huge holiday booked (a month in Canada and Alaska) for which I bought the 200-600 but obviously the bug took care of that. I hope to one day finally get to Canada and Alaska but in the mean time will do trips home here in Australia and focus on improving my photograghy.

Cheers,

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forum Hank and thanks for introducing yourself! 4 kids sounds very expensive!! We have our second one arriving in July all being well and then I'm going to castrate myself otherwise I'll never be able to afford any more camera gear! :) The a7IV is a good choice. I'm enjoying using mine before I have to sell it to pay for all those nappies.

Thanks for the welcome Tim,
You're right, it is expensive, and just when you think they've moved out and moved on they tell you about the wedding they're inviting you to pay for. Oh and by the way Dad, it's only the cost of a few A1's and some GMaster lenses. :rolleyes:

Calling quits at 2 kids is a wide move, going to 3 changes the transport, accomodation, family tickets for things, and 4 kids is just crazy, but then you are numb and on autopilot.

Anyway, this looks to be a quite good place to talk alpha cameras and photography so look forward to properly checking the place out and getting involved.

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome Tim,
You're right, it is expensive, and just when you think they've moved out and moved on they tell you about the wedding they're inviting you to pay for. Oh and by the way Dad, it's only the cost of a few A1's and some GMaster lenses. :rolleyes:

Calling quits at 2 kids is a wide move, going to 3 changes the transport, accomodation, family tickets for things, and 4 kids is just crazy, but then you are numb and on autopilot.

Anyway, this looks to be a quite good place to talk alpha cameras and photography so look forward to properly checking the place out and getting involved.

Cheers
It sounds like I'm going to be poor for a couple of decades then! :oops: We've had to add a roof box to our car already to fit everything in with just the one for now! Although it doesn't help that our German Shepard uses up all the boot space! Thanks again for joining up! :)

Back