Thanks For The Add...

EddieT

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Eddie
Relative new to Sony. I'm a long time Canon user who decided to make the move to Sony. About a year and a half ago, I sold my 5DMII and associated L glass. I purchased an A9 and a few lens.

I'm finding quite a learning curve. Not sure if it's because I'm coming from a DSLR to mirrorless, or because the A9 has more knobs than the space shuttle. I'm looking forward to learning from others.

Thanks,
Eddie

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your A9 purchase. It's almost odd that I reply to your post because I'm a Newbie and you are an experienced Photographer, but maybe we share some of the same challenges. I had a recent conversation with a friend and fellow Forum member a few days ago. We were talking about features and the ability to customize the Sony cameras. When I purchased my A7III I spent a lot of time reading various articles on how to set up my camera. Of course, various writers have differing opinions. It wasn't long before I would be faced with a situation that I had customized for. The problem was, I could not remember what I had done in the various customization scenarios. I'm sure, with your experience, this will be better for you than it goes for me because of my lack of experience. In any case, we have so much capability that it sometimes overwhelms. I am learning more and more. I feel fortunate to own a camera with so many possibilities.

What part of the country do you reside in, Eddie?

Hi, Jeff. We live in Parker, Colorado (Denver metro ) but spend quite a bit of time in the mountains. Mainly around Steamboat Springs. I used to do a lot of sports photography. Mainly soccer and swim. My next goal is to work on water drop photography. I purchased a water drop kit from Cognisys. Their tag line is "water drop photos made easy." Between you and me I think they're liars :ROFLMAO: So between trying to figure out the A9 and the cognisys system, I've got my hands full!

Welcome Eddie and thank you for joining up here. The a9 definitely has a few knobs but once you've got your head around the menu and how to customise everything shooting becomes so much easier. Mark Galer has got a great video on customising the a9 for sports and action, you might be able to adapt some of the tips for water drops too :)

Back