Name
Clint
Country
United States
City/State
Draffenville Kentucky
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A few years ago I bought a Sony A6000 with the "standard" 16 to 50mm " kit lens. I quickly added the other kit lens. Then added a Sigma 30mm F2.8 lens which had not left the camera since I received it . I am interested in landscape photography, but have been pressed into event shootings as I am known as the "camera guy". My focus is landscape but as I said before I get pressed into event photography. I hope to improve my landscape photography work, but also improve my event efforts.

Thanks for all the help I can get.

Welcome. What kind of events?

Welcome Clint. I feel the same: I like flowers and landscapes, but my friends with kids always want me to take pictures at their parties. A versatile f2.8 zoom lens is your best friend for events, I went with the Tamron 17-70, but I would have gotten the Sigma 18-50 if it had been available at the time since it is a more compact lens. Feel free to post some of your pics!

Welcome. What kind of events?
My first was a church supper. The fellow who normally does that was at another function, so I filled in. Then the fishing group to which I belong had a get together and I was "volunteered". I anticipate more church gatherings as our church is rather large and often has more than one function at a time, nessistating more than one photographer.

DSC00015.JPG

Welcome Clint. I feel the same: I like flowers and landscapes, but my friends with kids always want me to take pictures at their parties. A versatile f2.8 zoom lens is your best friend for events, I went with the Tamron 17-70, but I would have gotten the Sigma 18-50 if it had been available at the time since it is a more compact lens. Feel free to post some of your pics!
Excellent suggestion. Using the Sigma 30mm F2.4 made me "zoom with my feet". I will look into the 18-50, which would give me some latitude inside, and replace the kit 16-50mm Sony. Thanks

Excellent suggestion. Using the Sigma 30mm F2.4 made me "zoom with my feet". I will look into the 18-50, which would give me some latitude inside, and replace the kit 16-50mm Sony. Thanks
These are the top 3 choices for APSC zooms with f2.8:

My dad was from Glasgow. Spent many a day there in the summer. My son and I went down a couple years ago and did the Mammoth Cave thing, then went around Glasgow and found a lot of places that had family history, including the house where he was born in 1918.

I had to look up Draffenville, never heard of it. When you say Western KY, you ain't kidding!

Welcome Clint and thanks for joining up here and saying hello. I started with the Sony a6000 too, I don't like to think how much I've spent since! It's still a cracking camera.

Back