Thinking about Sony

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

GaryS

Newcomer
Original poster
Followers
Following
Dec 19, 2020
Name
Gary Stamp
Hi all, I have been a Canon shooter since about 2006 but I am considering the A7Riii and the 200-600 OSS G lens, I shoot mainly wildlife and will be following the various posts relating to wildlife, A7Riii and the 200-600 lens. I live in south east Kent, UK.

Reactions: Timothy Mayo

Drewid

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 17, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Lincolnshire
Again a very popular combo. I've not got the 200-600 and am not much of a wildlife photog probably because I'm easily bored and maybe too noisy!

GaryS

Newcomer
Original poster
Followers
Following
Dec 19, 2020
Name
Gary Stamp
Since chatting with a friend, I think the A9 might be the way to go but I will have to use my canon lenses for now as i am spending more on the Sony body.

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Hi all, I have been a Canon shooter since about 2006 but I am considering the A7Riii and the 200-600 OSS G lens, I shoot mainly wildlife and will be following the various posts relating to wildlife, A7Riii and the 200-600 lens. I live in south east Kent, UK.
The a7R III and the 200-600 are a great combo Gary. I don't think you'll be too disappointed with this setup.

GaryS

Newcomer
Original poster
Followers
Following
Dec 19, 2020
Name
Gary Stamp
Update, I am now thinking A9 after watching countless Youtube videos, yours was one of them - after seeing your hit rate of 100%. But due to the extra pennies I might have to get the MC-11 and use my Canon 100-400 MkII for now but purchase the 200-600 at a later date.

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Update, I am now thinking A9 after watching countless Youtube videos, yours was one of them - after seeing your hit rate of 100%. But due to the extra pennies I might have to get the MC-11 and use my Canon 100-400 MkII for now but purchase the 200-600 at a later date.
The a9 is hard to beat when it comes to fast action and the number of keepers that it delivers. The Mk1 is coming down in price slowly and you can pick them up used from around £2k from MPB. If the rumored a9III comes out early next year this might push the prices down further.

GaryS

Newcomer
Original poster
Followers
Following
Dec 19, 2020
Name
Gary Stamp
I often buy from MPB, I was looking at a grey import, so I will weigh up the pros and cons.

Reactions: Timothy Mayo

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.