David Daw
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Bury St Edmunds
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi,
I have just tried to load photos from my new to me A7riv's sd card to my pc via a card reader. The card and its reader have previously given me no issues. A message in the Photo App asks me to 'Please update your device's settings to accept media transfer'. I cannot find out how to do what it asks and am at a loss - can anyone please help me?

I am running Windows 11.

does it work in windows File Explorer? I am wondering if its just the software you're using?

Try this:

Skip the App
Create a destination folder for the images
Insert the card, open the DCM folder
"Select All"
Drag and Drop to the new folder.

Not sure it that will help, but it's a lot faster. I stopped using MS photos a few years ago.

I
Try this:

Skip the App
Create a destination folder for the images
Insert the card, open the DCM folder
"Select All"
Drag and Drop to the new folder.

Not sure it that will help, but it's a lot faster. I stopped using MS photos a few years ago.
File Explorer recognises the usb drive, but when I open all the folders they are empty. The camera displays all the photos on the card, but I have tried to connect the camera to the laptop and transfer that way, but that also does not work.

I have just tried using an sd card from another camera and it all works OK, so the issue must be the card itself. Thanks for your suggestions. I shall try to transfer the photos wirelessly to my phone, as there are some good shots that I really want to save.

Thanks for your help, guys.

Hope you get it sorted mate. This is the most archaic part of using a dedicated camera nowadays: file transfer via physical media in this day and age of wireless connectivity (wifi, bluetooth, air drop).

I have just tried using an sd card from another camera and it all works OK, so the issue must be the card itself. Thanks for your suggestions. I shall try to transfer the photos wirelessly to my phone, as there are some good shots that I really want to save.

Thanks for your help, guys.
Watch your settings! Some phones will downgrade the images automatically.

If you have a working SD card, you can transfer the photos from one card to the other in the camera. That might help get the images into your P?c.

Back