Updating a6600 firmware

Janice

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
United States
Saw Tim had posted there was an update for the a6600. I've never updated before (new a6600 user). Went to YouTube to learn how. Video clip said to go to USB Connection and choose MTRL w/ Smartphone On" Ummm, I never set the USB connection with my phone. Is that something that came factory set? Did I just do it during the initial camera set-up and I just don't recall? Just wondering. Also, if you have any tips for updating so I don't mess up my camera, that'd be great too. TIA.

Hi Janice. I’m not sure which YouTube video you are referring to but it doesn’t sound quite right. You can find the full steps on the download pages, you’ll need to connect your camera to your computer (not smartphone) using the USB cable it came with.

It’s a new firmware release so it won’t already be on your a6600.

Windows

MacOS

Hi Janice. I’m not sure which YouTube video you are referring to but it doesn’t sound quite right. You can find the full steps on the download pages, you’ll need to connect your camera to your computer (not smartphone) using the USB cable it came with.

It’s a new firmware release so it won’t already be on your a6600.

Windows

MacOS
I understand the update would not be on the camera already. I know I have to connect camera to computer. It was the setting for the USB cable was previously set. That's what I was wondering if it was set that was from manufacturer or if at some point I had set it and not remembered doing so. Thanks for the links again. Going to give it a go and cross my fingers it works.

Back