Using Giottos Tripod with Sony 200-600mm

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Paul Mc

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Paul McGlone
Finally saved up to buy the Sony 200-300mm. I am replacing the foot with an arca swiss ishoot foot. I can see that I will need to use the lens on a tripod at times and wondered if anyone else has a giotto tripod and experience of adapting a giottos ball head for arca swiss. Giottos seems to have gone out of business in 2019. Paul

Finally saved up to buy the Sony 200-300mm. I am replacing the foot with an arca swiss ishoot foot.
Do you mean 200-600mm?

I converted my Manfroto 290 to arca swiss by swapping the mounting plate over with the use of an adapter. I guess it depends on the model of giotto and if the mount can be easilt removed or if you can replace the ball head. I see online there are budget and more expensive versions of Giotto so I assume it depend on how good your existing tripod is.

I've not heard of ishoot products, they look alot like the ones sold on aliexpress. Personally, on a lens that cost what the 200-600 does, I'd be going for the Wimberely AP-600. I can vouch for their Monogimbal head. High quality product, and perfect for that lens.

Last edited:
Thanks Hank, Yes I did mean the Sony 200-600mm, don't know how I managed to get that wrong. It is a high end tripod so I want to keep using it if at all possible. I will have a go at removing the Clamp. Otherwise I may have to replace the ball head.
The iShoot foot has arrived and seems decent. I bought it after looking at some reviews. However I'll check it out further before deciding whether to stick with it or go for another replacement. Paul

Thanks Hank, Yes I did mean the Sony 200-600mm, don't know how I managed to get that wrong. It is a high end tripod so I want to keep using it if at all possible. I will have a go at removing the Clamp. Otherwise I may have to replace the ball head.
The iShoot foot has arrived and seems decent. I bought it after looking at some reviews. However I'll check it out further before deciding whether to stick with it or go for another replacement. Paul
Hi, Use the IShoot on the 200-600 for about a year with no problems on a gimbal head. Russ

Thank Russ, that's reassuring. I have now tried the lens with iShoot foot on a vanguard monopod and ball head and it feels solid. I have ordered a new arca Swiss compatible Clamp hoping I can replace the existing Clamp on the Giottos tripod. Paul

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back