Followers
Following
Name
Jeff Wegge
Country
United States
City/State
Woodbury, MN
Hi All--I own an a9II and of course LOVE it for sports. Wondering what your experience has been using the A7RIV for Sports? Sounds like the Eye AF is the same as the a9II but how about the speed? Also any other likes and/or challenges you've had shooting Sports/Wildlife with the A7RIV I should know about? Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Jeff

I’ve mostly shot wildlife with my a7RIV. Both the a9 and a9II will lock on to your subject around 3x faster than the a7RIV which can definitely make a difference with smaller and faster subjects. If you are shooting a lot of bursts then you’ll end up with a lot of large files to process with the a7RIV and also won’t be able to shoot blackout free. I’d probably only shoot sport with the a7RIV if the action wasn’t too fast and I needed extremely large prints, or I couldn’t get close enough to fill the frame so would need to crop heavily. Otherwise I’d be grabbing the a9 every time. The a9/a9II also perform better in low light if you had to shoot indoors or at night, although then I might also be considering the a7SIII.

Tim--Thanks for the note--

How are you placing your 'Forum signature' into your Profile and/or Messages?
=== Forum Signature ===
Current cameras: Sony a6400, a7III, a7R III, a7R IV, a9. Current lenses: Sony FE 200-600, FE 100-400, FE 70-200 GM, FE 90mm F2.8 G, FE 85 1.8, E 70-350, Tamron 70-180, Sigma 100-400, plus a few more...

Tim--Thanks for the note--

How are you placing your 'Forum signature' into your Profile and/or Messages?
The profile signature is only available to pro members, although you only need one more post to make 5 and then you'll be upgraded for free as I still have the promo running to help get this forum off the ground. You'll then be able to edit your signature here: https://www.alphashooters.com/community/account/signature

KOOL--I should be at 5 now!! Thanks Brother!!

Back