Followers
Following
Name
Shon Ong
Country
Singapore
City/State
Singapore
Can anyone share your choice of video head using long lenses for wildlife or bird videography? I have a Sirui VH-10x but I find it doesn't work as well on a 600f4 or with TC.

Can anyone share your choice of video head using long lenses for wildlife or bird videography? I have a Sirui VH-10x but I find it doesn't work as well on a 600f4 or with TC.
I was happy to find the MANFROTTO 502AH PRO VIDEO HEAD with flat base, as you can see in this photo. Fluid dampened and fully adjustable for balance and camera position. I have a replacement foot on my lens by RRS (ReallyRightStuff) and a simple ARCA to Manfrotto adapter. The handle can be easiil;y placed on the left or right side and is adjustable. Solid as a rock!
Manfrotto.jpg
  • SM-G960U
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/1.5
  • 1/15 sec
  • ISO 250

I should have known better! While trying to show the rigidity of my mount, I hung a Cinder Block from the lens and now it's bent! I will try for Warranty.

I have tried the manfrotto 500AH and didn’t like it enough to keep in. Was recommended the sirui equivalent so I go for it. It’s ok for shorter and lighter lenses but with a 600 f4 I need to constantly tighten the knob and doesn’t have the counter balance like some other models.

Back