Followers
Following
Name
Sandy
Country
United States
City/State
Astoria, Oregon
The Pride of America cruise ship returning. There is a tug out of sight on the port side toward the bow. The ship had left port for a three day shakedown cruise. This cruise ship is harbored here for the effects of the Covid-19. We had a smaller cruise ship, the Regatta, but she is elsewhere while this larger ship tarries here. I have included some of what is going on in the harbor and what is not, like the rail car. The rail car is awaiting restoration. The colors and activities are a constant show, day and night. This is on the Columbia River about eight miles from the mouth, the Columbia Bar, very bad, and the Pacific, very cold. Sunshine is not common here.

The moored blue ship, the Oregon Responder, is for oil spills up and down the coast when they happen. It will tow the blue barge moored at the far left in its mitigation efforts.

DSC00109.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
  • 66.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
Has it started to cool down any at all? I know y'all had a very hot summer over there!

Has it started to cool down any at all? I know y'all had a very hot summer over there!

Weather is regional. On the coast we have a range from ~30F to ~80F. We did get a few days in the 90's but it has been the ordinary coastal summer: ~70F. That Pacific Ocean is a huge temperature sink with cool Alaskan waters flowing by the West Coast. Swimming is cool all the way to the US - Mexico border. It is sunny and 67F now.

Thanks for asking.

Back