What causes the bubble like effect that seems to be in front of a Robin image?

russellsnr

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Russell Webb (snr)
Hi, i have read a previous posting from Feb 2022 and just want to ask if this what one poster called Nervous Bokeh? I use Sony A7R IV and 200-600 lens, dark wood high ISO.
Just in front of the Robins breast.
artifact.jpg

Thankyou, Russ.

Is that out of the camera or after processing?

Looks like noise. What was the actual ISO number? Consider either DxO PureRAW 2 or Topaz de Noise AI. I have both but prefer DxO because it is a little faster. I saw one comparison by Mark Galer and the quality edge went to the DxO software as well. It did a better edge preserving detail.

Most likely a compression artefact or sharpening if you used it.

Looks like noise. What was the actual ISO number? Consider either DxO PureRAW 2 or Topaz de Noise AI. I have both but prefer DxO because it is a little faster. I saw one comparison by Mark Galer and the quality edge went to the DxO software as well. It did a better edge preserving detail.
Hi, ISO 12800, yes I no but in a wooded area covered by canopy at this time of year. I just tried putting it through On1 NoNoise AI and getting near the same result so yes looks like the denoising programs are extenuating the noise problem as artefacts , looked at the DXO offering but due to the price (and being an OAP :() waiting until the Friday/Monday silly days come round before committing my/our pension money:). Also someone over on the On1 forum suggested blurring the background out. Thanks, Russ.

Hi, ISO 12800, yes I no but in a wooded area covered by canopy at this time of year. I just tried putting it through On1 NoNoise AI and getting near the same result so yes looks like the denoising programs are extenuating the noise problem as artefacts , looked at the DXO offering but due to the price (and being an OAP :() waiting until the Friday/Monday silly days come round before committing my/our pension money:). Also someone over on the On1 forum suggested blurring the background out. Thanks, Russ.
Sometimes the denoise programs try y=to sharpen things that aren't there and this can create some weird artefacts.

Back