What Photography related item have you bought or sold this week?

I wonder if you'll keep this box, just in case? :cool:
Definitely! Had a good look for the 200-600 box today but it’s nowhere to be seen. Same for the lens cap and a replacement is £20 for that bit of plastic!

Definitely! Had a good look for the 200-600 box today but it’s nowhere to be seen. Same for the lens cap and a replacement is £20 for that bit of plastic!

Just a tip: I discovered, by accident, that Sony (in my country) has a contract with a company called Speedy Spares to warehouse and supply spare parts. Turns out that things like lens caps (including the body cap and rear lens cap) can be bought as official products (in a camera shop) in pretty packaging, or as spare parts (in a plain brown box). Guess which is cheaper? I bought a couple of rear caps and body caps, and even a couple of flash socket covers, all from the spare parts supplier for a lot less (like $12 instead of $20 (discounted from, I think, $25)).

Might be worth checking if Sony in your company has a spare parts supplier - in my country they actually listed the company details on one of the support pages.

I bought a used one of these on eBay for AU$90: HVL-F20M

I'll be away most of the week so should have it in my hot little hand a week tomorrow.

Just a tip: I discovered, by accident, that Sony (in my country) has a contract with a company called Speedy Spares to warehouse and supply spare parts.
That's very handy info! Thanks. Just had a look at their web site & bookmarked it.

Just a tip: I discovered, by accident, that Sony (in my country) has a contract with a company called Speedy Spares to warehouse and supply spare parts. Turns out that things like lens caps (including the body cap and rear lens cap) can be bought as official products (in a camera shop) in pretty packaging, or as spare parts (in a plain brown box). Guess which is cheaper? I bought a couple of rear caps and body caps, and even a couple of flash socket covers, all from the spare parts supplier for a lot less (like $12 instead of $20 (discounted from, I think, $25)).

Might be worth checking if Sony in your company has a spare parts supplier - in my country they actually listed the company details on one of the support pages.
Thanks Tony. I hadn't thought about that!

This week I have got myself a longer foot for my 150/600mm sigma lens so I can carry it when I just got for short walks.
Then I got myself a 4 battery pouch holder as these batteries don't last too long so this way I can carry as I think enough batteries to last the day.
Both bought on ebay.

Ink for my printer and new software for printing. Not as exciting as a new lens or camera to take photos on the eclipse! Driving my wife nuts with prints all over the place.

What printer are you using? And what new software have you got for it?

Hi Richard. I have a Canon PRO-1000, which I have owned for 7 years. I purchased Imageprint Black from Colorbyte Software. I took a hands-on course on Fine Art Printing with Kevin Raber one year ago. I had the opportunity to try several printing software options to print with during my time with Kevin. Imageprint was hands down the best software option in my hands, but I decided not to purchase it. Over the past year I have continued to print with LR classic software but have never been happy with the results. Adobe's printing software is very good, but I wanted better. I had resisted going with Imageprint Black because of cost. I have been fortunate recently to have been approached by several people asking for prints of my photos. So, I decided to spend some money and I am happy with my choice. Thanks for asking.

Thanks for the info Clide...

This:

6506672_sd.jpg

Photography related? I needed a way to get down to top end at the track without having to move my truck, which always results in losing my parking space, or walking the 1.5 miles from end to end and back. Not that I mind walking, it just takes too long.

It weighs 37.5lbs. and folds up so I can easily put it in the back of my truck or even the back seat. It handles a 265lb. load and will travel up to 30 miles on a single charge at up to 15MPH, although probably slower with me and my gear. Pedal assist in case the thing stops working or I want to go faster. Has a 1-year warranty and actual customer support, which seems to be a rarity in the world of electric bikes and scooters.

I've been researching these things for months and looked at many, I think this is my best bet. Next step will be a pelican-style hard case that will be attached to the cargo rack. I don't need a lot of gear at that end, a camera and lens, spare card and battery.

Going to look like...
5b12092e5ffe4171bbdaea6dc0a5f15d.jpg

Last edited:
Just boxed up my a6400 and 18-135 kit lens to send to MPB. Trading in for a Tamron 70-300mm and Sony 24mm 2.8G. Both full-frame lenses, but fairly compact for what they offer.

Kind of shocked. I just tried the new bike out, this thing flies! I can't believe how fast it is. If I use the pedal assist it's really fast!

Kind of shocked. I just tried the new bike out, this thing flies! I can't believe how fast it is. If I use the pedal assist it's really fast!
Wear a helmet! Looking forward to viewing this years car photos taken with that A1!

Just boxed up my a6400 and 18-135 kit lens to send to MPB. Trading in for a Tamron 70-300mm and Sony 24mm 2.8G. Both full-frame lenses, but fairly compact for what they offer.
Amazon has ruined my generation and younger: we're primed [pun intended] to expect shipping updates and fast shipping, instant gratification at our expense. Waiting for my gear to go to MPB for them to review it and then complete payment for the order and then wait for it to ship... it all seems like it will take an eternity LOL

Amazon has ruined my generation and younger: we're primed [pun intended] to expect shipping updates and fast shipping, instant gratification at our expense. Waiting for my gear to go to MPB for them to review it and then complete payment for the order and then wait for it to ship... it all seems like it will take an eternity LOL
And it will. They don't offer shipping both ways for free and then give you quick service. It may be Monday or Tuesday before you hear anything.

Just bought a Sony 85mm 1.8. Dont know what im going to use it for yet, but was thinking about going for some portraits. Never had a 85mm prime.

The 85 mm 1.8 is one of my favorite lenses. Portraits, landscape, small format. It is light weight, fast and sharp. Great choice, have fun!

Attachments

• DSC01392-Edit.jpg
    DSC01392-Edit.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230503-DSC01381.jpg
    20230503-DSC01381.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230430-DSC01002.jpg
    20230430-DSC01002.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230202-DSC07010-2-2.jpg
    20230202-DSC07010-2-2.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221011-DSC01525-234-2 crp.jpg
    20221011-DSC01525-234-2 crp.jpg
    760.8 KB · Views: 6
  • _DSC1288-Edit.jpg
    _DSC1288-Edit.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 4
I took delivery of some new glass yesterday, a 24-70 mm f2.8 GM2. I’m off to Yorkshire for the long weekend and hope to try out.
IMG_2358.jpeg
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • iPhone 14 Pro back triple camera 6.86mm f/1.78
  • 6.9 mm
  • ƒ/1.78
  • 1/33 sec
  • ISO 800

I have ordered, but not yet received, the new Godox trigger - the X3. Looks quite cute, and supports a bigger range than the old XPro II (the old one only lets me get down to 1/128, even on strobes that support 1/256). It’s quite cheap, so I thought it would be easier to buy it and try it.

Back