What Photography related item have you bought or sold this week?

My local dealer (not of recreational pharmaceuticals, but of camera gear...) had a grand re-opening sale on yesterday. Wandered in to say hi and see the new store. Casually asked about the 1.4x teleconverter I've been chasing for 6 months or so. They had one! And, to add spice to the occasion, they had discounted it! As you can imagine, I mulled over the purchase for at least a microsecond before relieving them of the burden of that particular stock item.

Happy happy joy joy!

I should have expected it! The week after I finally get the second teleconverter, the rumour surfaces that Sony is about to announce NEW teleconverters. o_O:(:eek::cry:

I have my Sigma 100-400 and Samyang 85mm 1.4 up for sale at the moment and I just purchased a Bluetooth remote for my A7r4..

I didn't bought anything, but I am still waiting for a new version of the 100-400 mm GM and the 2x TC

Does a new Drone count if it has a camera? Check out the Camera Specs DJI Avata here. Be sure and click the "Intro Video" button.

Does a new Drone count if it has a camera? Check out the Camera Specs DJI Avata here. Be sure and click the "Intro Video" button.
That does look like a fun bit of kit especially with the Goggles. What will you be using it for Jeff?

Come on Jeff I have enough gas as it is, and these are so appealing, looks like a real fun bit of kit:):):)

That does look like a fun bit of kit especially with the Goggles. What will you be using it for Jeff?
An interesting question. I actually had not thought too much about it. I learned to fly at the age of 23 and made a career flying. I wanted to fly since the age of 6 or 7. I flew professionally until the age of 65 and I logged over 18,000 flying hours. I never tired of it and miss it dearly. I'm unable to hold a Medical Certificate now, nor do I have enough money to rent airplanes. So when I see the videos taken from this drone, it gives me a lot of the feeling of flying. I have another (actually two other) drones as well. My Mavic 2 Pro takes some amazing photos. It will be interesting to compare the camera quality of the Avata to my Mavic 2. It will be easier I think to compose the shots using the Avata, but so far I have not flown it. Maybe this afternoon. So the answer is, to quote DJI, "The immersive flight experience" or something like that and to take movies and photos.

My son just got his FAA certification. He's starting a business focused on Real Estate, Construction, and Home Inspection photography. He'll be using a drone and a camera, he just purchased a Mavic (no idea which model) and I've loaned him my A6000 until he can get started.

On a separate note, I was on a project site yesterday and the Owner decided to fly their drone. They have a flight path programmed that takes the drone around the site the same every time. They shoot videos and stills. The videos are posted for the public's information, they plan to stitch the stills together in a time-lapse video after the project is complete.

So...yesterday they try to fly. The drone goes up 10' and sets back down again. They tried this several times, and eventually gave up. I'm not sure how or why, but one of them checked something and learned all of SE MI and part of Ontario was a no-fly zone. They had forgotten Biden was in town at the Auto Show. Evidently the drone is disabled if you're in a no-fly area.

Leofoto Quick link! It looks exactly like the arca swiss quick link but at a fraction of the price. Use it to switch between tripods, monopods on the heads I used.

I put a cheeky bid on one of these bad boys on the bay.

Samyang 24mm F3.5 Tilt Shift Lens Sony E

I won. Yay!

I remember reading about tilt shift lenses back in the glory days of film and the massive cost. On an apprentices pay, there was no way I could afford one.

Quite excited waiting for this, hopefully it'll get here before my next trip to France. The cathedral in Amiens, awaits.

Just the other day I ordered a remote control for my camera as I think it will come in so handy.
It arrived the other day then I needed to get 2 different types of batteries for it which I think is a sort of fault.
But this is what I bought and I should of looked better,
What it is, is a JJC JM-11 and I just gave it a quick try out and it over rides your settings, as in my camera is set
to continuous made but the remote I had on single shot and that is what it done.
To me this is a good result and I them put it into multi shot and away it went.
The whole thing without batteries was $10.00 Australian and I am happy with it.

Just bought the 100-400 gm I've got fed up of waiting for the new one so hope I have done the right thing

Just bought the 100-400 gm I've got fed up of waiting for the new one so hope I have done the right thing
Yes, we did, Gary. Sony won't be in too much of a hurry to update the 100-400 GM because of it's IQ and the fact that it does focus fast.

Another week no camera! B&H still hasn’t got me my camera or refund! Going in over a month and now they are closed again till 19 Oct! Missing biggest photo shoot’s of the year! Beyond 😤

Bought a Sekonic L-308X-U! :)

On Monday my porch should be covered by an A7b (A7 MK2) body, a 28-70 kit lens and simple PK-e adapter. That gives me 17mm fisheye thru 300mm with zooms, and 28-200 in five Pentax primes. Should be interesting!

Later in the week a nF-e adapter will bring some elder Nikon gear into play, from a sigma 17 prime to a 50-200mm zoom.

Last edited:
On Monday my porch should be covered by an A7b body, a 28-70 kit lens and simple PK-e adapter. That gives me 17mm fisheye thru 300mm with zooms, and 28-200 in five Pentax primes. Should be interesting!

Later in the week a nF-e adapter will bring some elder Nikon gear into play, from a sigma 17 prime to a 50-200mm zoom.
Hi, welcome aboard. What's an A7b?

I've got the new 24-70 GM II in my sights, but probably it will be a little while longer before I can actually add it to the household. I am looking forward to this lens, as it covers a range which works really well for me.

Well some good news! My A-1 is in Chicago hopefully it doesn’t get sent back this time!

Wasn't this week, but I did get a Sigma 105 & lensbaby velvet 85 when I went to The Photography Show a couple weeks back. Plus several sd cards, and a godox V1.

It’s here !! Finally!!

Attachments

• 50E6C28A-1733-489C-BBEE-C49BCA1FA5FC.jpeg
    50E6C28A-1733-489C-BBEE-C49BCA1FA5FC.jpeg
    314.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 41B72C4B-BC13-4B87-B89D-A2E6CE582410.jpeg
    41B72C4B-BC13-4B87-B89D-A2E6CE582410.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 29
  • A1D99AA9-27D7-457E-B6BD-8446720F3CCF.jpeg
    A1D99AA9-27D7-457E-B6BD-8446720F3CCF.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 32
Hi, as I’m off on a ‘Kingfisher Photography day’ I thought I’d purchase a remote commander, so that’s my latest purchase!

Sony RMT-P1BT Professional Bluetooth Wireless Remote Commander​

Attachments

• AEAC0C7B-1C24-4D54-AF52-87309E74801D.jpeg
    AEAC0C7B-1C24-4D54-AF52-87309E74801D.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 33
I received my thinktank 150 holster today after waiting almost 2 years for Uk stock, just checked it will take the Sony 200-600 and a9 gripped with lens hood in folded position, also takes the a9 gripped with lea5 and 300 g 2.8 mk 1 with hood fixed for ready for shooting:)

After a great deal of thought I purchased the Sony FE 100-400mm gm to use on my A7 iv.

Added the basic 50 from TTArtisan, plus some reach (Maxxi 70-210 gen.2 and 100-300Apo/d, plus la-ea3).
No autofocus with these, but I'll have a fine time with them - and run a face-off with my K-mount Σ 70-300Apo :)

Now to test my stamina. I'd like 20+35 Sony or Tamron primes - or maybe TTA 21 plus their late-running AF 32mm? Must ... resist ... 🤩 😫 😉

TTart50.jpg maxx-ea3.jpg

Tried to purchase a Lexar Gold CFexpress type A card, but the dealer reported that they'd accepted more orders than they had supply, so now I have to wait :(

Picked up a Minolta Maxxum 100-400 APO lens for an EDC. It and a 35-105 (or a 28-135, if desired) make for a pretty compact FF kit with a very wide 2-lens range.

After a great deal of thought I purchased the Sony FE 100-400mm gm to use on my A7 iv.
You won't be sorry. Welcome to the forum Andrew. What part of the country are you in?

Sony 1.4 teleconverter to use with my Sony FE 100-400 lens.

A boring and rather expensive item. I have at least $80 cash back on my credit card to help with this "I've got heartburn" purchase.
A 320 GB CFA card.
Since I already have two 160 GB cards, I can at least now switch out one of the cards during an event and keep going.

Last month was a more pleasurable purchase and it was only a little more than this card - a new 90 G.

Back