What Photography related item have you bought or sold this week?

A boring and rather expensive item. I have at least $80 cash back on my credit card to help with this "I've got heartburn" purchase.
A 320 GB CFA card.
Since I already have two 160 GB cards, I can at least now switch out one of the cards during an event and keep going.

Last month was a more pleasurable purchase and it was only a little more than this card - a new 90 G.

Yeah, the 320GB and 640GB CFeA cards are eye-wateringly expensive! One of my local shops has the 320GB on a Black Friday special at 20% off - making it slightly cheaper, and still too much :eek:

I've been stuck at ultrawide and 35mm in my price range. I solved issue #1 with a TTArtisan 21mm. I've liked their stuff in several variants (including their 50/2), and the amount of in-camera corrections needed on many ultrawides makes lenses that are corrected 'in-factory' more appealing to me.

If I wait a bit longer, their 32mm AF lens should become available; must read about the Z-mount's IQ before deciding the 35mm option.
pergear link to Z variant

edit /update.
Hm, a Pergear 35 came out first!

Last edited:
sold my last A7RIV body just waiting two more weeks for the A7RV

Sony in my country has stated that shipments start in a week's time (yes, one week before the US).

I think Norway got the first batch, though

Sony in my country has stated that shipments start in a week's time (yes, one week before the US).

I think Norway got the first batch, though
Interesting many times it is the reverse. I am good with the the wait, i still have my A1 for anything that comes up in the mean time.

My local camera shop had a 1.4tc in stock so I picked it up to try on the 200-600mm. I have shot with it once and I’m not disappointed with it. I am sure that it will work great on the 600 f4 (picking one up early December).

I also picked up a Westcott fj400 strobe kit last week to add some light to my family portraits that I took yesterday. Couldn’t be happier with that purchase! I’m no portrait photographer but I can say that lighting opens up a whole new level of shooting capability.

Picked up an LA-EA4 to use on my 7RM3 and Maxxum lenses. Hopefully it will function as all as the EA5 does on my M4.

This week my preordered silver Fuji X-T5 arrived at my local camera store. I absolutely love it.

The autofocus and tracking are clearly not on the same level as the A1 / A9II but there's a real pleasure in having some dedicated dials for shutter speed, ISO and EC along with aperture rings for ummm... aperture. Compact and lovely to behold. My dream camera would have Sony performance in a Fuji X-Tx body.

Tried the X-H2S and it wasn't really remotely close to what the A1 delivers. Fuji still has a long way to go re: tele glass.
For small prime shooting / casual jpeg shooting the X-T5 has definitely earned a place in my bag.

The chain effect in action on photography purchases. I bought a roof basket to go on the cars roof rack, that lets me move our 2 x 100litre holdalls onto the roof and creates room to purchase a bigger camera icu f-stop master cine to go in the boot.

I purchased some items that were not on sale but figured I wanted to try this with my old glass that I use for infrared but might even have some fun with visible light.
Techart PRO Leica M – Sony E Autofocus Adapter ver II (LM-EA9)
Adapter (Nikon F – Leica M),
Adapter (Olympus OM – Leica M)

The OM lenses I have: 24 f.28, 35 f2.8, 50 f1.8, 100 f2.8 - all use a 49mm filter
The F-mount lenses: Nikkor-N 24 f2.8, Nikkor 35 f2 AF-D, Nikkor-S 50 f1.4 (not used for IR but is a fun lens to use)
It will be interesting to see if my LensBaby Composer Pro II will work on this. Because I have Fujifilm and Sony cameras, I purchased only F-mount LensBaby so that I could use them on both brands. I have a lot of optics for the Composer Pro. LensBaby happens to be good for infrared.

I bought the universal tripod head for the Peak Design tripod, so I'll be able to mount any tripod head on there and give up on their dumb twistlock ball head.

Also bought the ON1 2023 upgrade on Black Friday special.

Gee, I feel left out! I haven't bought anything photography-related in a while now! I do have my sights set on a couple of items and eventually they will find their way into this household when the pocketbook allows...... In the meantime I'm still loving the gear I already have!

If photo software counts, I bought DXO PureRaw2.

I got the TechArt adapter today. I do not have much time to test it but wow! I have quickly tested with my Nikkor-S 50 and Nikon 35 AF-D and I have AF! Funny thing about the AF-D, you cannot get AF with AF-D lenses on the Z mount with the FTZ adapter, and you will not get AF with the Monster adapter but I'm getting it with this adapter. 🤪Based on weather, I will have to wait till Sunday to test with the IR cameras.

I just collected my preordered A7RV. Hoping to take a few shots this afternoon.

If you are in Melbourne and looking for one, Digidirect got a big shipment and filled all their preorders, they even have a couple in stock. Not like the A1 where they were coming in one or two at a time.

A ticket to Prague next January

Not, technically, a purchase, because it was free, but I just downloaded Capture One Express for Sony to use with A7RV images - it opens them without hacking the EXIF!

Now all I need to do is work out how to drive it :)

Tip for anyone who has received their A7RV and is looking for RAW processing, the download pulls down the older version of Capture One Express, which disappointed me, but you click Check for Updates, and it finds the new version. Means two downloads, but that's a minor irritant.

The download pulls down the older version of Capture One Express, which disappointed me, but you click Check for Updates, and it finds the new version. Means two downloads, but that's a minor irritant.
I had been wondering about that. I have used Capture One Express and I saw the update prompt but didn't click it for fear that it would install a not-free version on my pc.

Just posted a small pile of gear I don't use at mu-43.com. Time to clean out a closet and hand out presents to others!
We'll see what it mutates into when converted from gear to cash.. and back to gear 😱

I bought the universal tripod head for the Peak Design tripod, so I'll be able to mount any tripod head on there and give up on their dumb twistlock ball head.

Also bought the ON1 2023 upgrade on Black Friday special.
I agree with you, partially...
To me, the included ball head is good enough for most of the shooting situations, except some very specialized ones, such as panoramic, macro, etc...
For that reason, I kept the original ball head and I carry my favorite ball head, a RRS 40, and when I need it, I place it over the original with an adapter, so I keep my tripod lightweight the most of the time.

sorry, prague ticket wasn't the only thing,
I also purchased the Haida rear filter set for my sony 14GM, cause I find that carrying a front filter holder, which I also purchased, is a mess, I already have to carry the regular Benro 100mm filter holder, and got no more room in my bag for yet another adaptor.
6243be98581d0.jpeg

I had been wondering about that. I have used Capture One Express and I saw the update prompt but didn't click it for fear that it would install a not-free version on my pc.
As long as you deliberately choose Capture One Express, then Sony, you get a license code, install the download, "authorise" it with the license code, upgrade it, re-authorise it with the license code, and yes, it's not a "trial version", or paid version. It does have some limits, but basically this is the continuation of the "free Capture One limited to Sony bodies" deal.

Team Maxxum assembled at last! The 24-105's commute from Japan was quick, but the last 40 miles were awful.

team-max.jpg

This tips the scale in favor of an LA-EA5 adapter; I'm swapping a Tamron 70-300 A-mount and LA-EA3 for an EA5. That 780g Tamron was several grams too much compared to the 100-300apo!

Last edited:
Sony 135mm F2.8 [T4.5] STF, Two Godox V1s, a pair of Godox diffusers and some backgrounds. Starting a small business here at the RV Resort and already have three customers.

Last edited:
Removed: A7Rii full spectrum converted (decided my A7iii is "good enough"), A7Riv, and the 16-35 GM (redundant since I have the Tamron 17-28).

Adding: A7Rv

Might also remove the A9. I'm thinking I'm good with A7Siii, A7Rv, and A1 for my main visible light cameras. Have the A7iii for UV/Vis/IR.

Picked up my preorder Fuji XF30mm macro yesterday. Insanely close focus. Pretty cool little lens.

Played with the new A7RV too. My buddy just traded in his A7 IV for it. Sweet camera. Hard to tell from just in the camera store but snappy autofocus for sure. Also slapped on the Sony GM 24-70 MK II and yes - it's really nice.

I don't think it's worth more than double the Tamron 28-75 G2 unless you really need that 24mm.

Removed the A9.
The surplus cash I have is going to be saved for whenever Fujifilm has a sale on either the X-H2s, H2, or T5.
Tempting to add the XF30 macro though - then I would have 30, 60, 80, 80x1.4x, 80x2.0x for AF macro lenses on my Fujifilm system. 🤪

Back