What Photography related item have you bought or sold this week?

Awaiting my pre-order Sony 24-70 f2.8 GM II to complete my stills/video Eqpt line up .............expected in the next week or so.

Looking to consolidate my current Gear holding of Alpha 1 and A9 II, Sony 400mm f2.8 GM, Sony 200-600mm f5.6-6.3 G, Sony 70-200mm F2.8 GM II, Sony 135mm f1.8, Sony 24-105mm f4 G OSS, Sigma Art 85mm f1.4, Sony 35mm f1.8 GM, Sony 16-35mm f2.8 GM, Sigma Art 14-24mm f2.8, Sony 20mm f1.8............

I have a bit of overkill/overlap in long lenses and ultra wide's, but as a generalist across Landscapes, Portraits and Action/Wildlife and after many hours of consideration of equipment pro's and cons have finally come to a landing, I think ?. At least until the next technological imagery development or my wife discovering how much i have spent over the last few years !!!!!!!!

I also use the peak design "slide" shoulder straps and connectors and have 3 connectors on each camera(except when using a tripod) together with connectors fitted to my long lens feet and lens support lugs..........I like the straps and how you can wear them with the slide or ribbed surfaces bearing on your shoulder for quick shot adjustment or maintaining the strap in position when walking etc.

The connectors are very very functional and enable me to switch my straps/position very very quickly. I have used these for the past 2-3 years since they hit the market with no problems but I have not used a safety lanyard and maybe i should look at this.........

Today I have received another used lens: the Voigtlander 65 f2 APO, paired with the Voigtlander 110 f2.5 APO gives me some nice close-up/macro manual focus lenses for my Sony system. The total cost of the 65 and 110 used came out to be: $1,400, a savings of $650. What I like about these lenses is that they are quite good for landscape as well and the APO rating is well earned. I seem to be finding more aphids on plants. 😛

I have both of these Voigtlander lenses and I love them! So far I have only used them for macro, really didn't think about trying them out for landscape or other types of images, too. I also have the 35mm f/1.2, another real gem.....

I had to purchase one Promaster 256 GB SD card and two Promaster 128 GB SD cards. Supposedly Delkin is the manufacturer for these V90 UHS-II SD cards and Delkin have been good for me. The owner at the local store gave me a very good discount on the purchase which really helped out. Between these cards and my 160 GB CF-A cards, I should be good now.

Last month I purchased the TetherPro USB-C to USB-C cable for me to use the A1 tethered to Capture One Pro. Today was the first chance I had the sheer pleasure of the strange voodoo of trying to get the A1 connected to C1 Pro. The answer is well, I'm glad I kept my A7Riv. 😵‍💫 It was what I used last year and it will be what I use this year (just with the faster cable).

A couple of eye pieces (1 for spare) for the A1. Forever brushing them off the camera when bushwalking. Lost 2!

Ordered a ND filter and it arrived today! It is a B+W 10-stop filter, now it's time to take some long exposures during the day!

Finally, the last piece of glass to complete my Fujifilm APSC system, the XF 70-300. Finally found a place that had it in stock for the retail price.

When I purchased my first Sony (A7M3) about a year and a half ago from B&H, I received an assortment of free goodies to go with it, including a ThinkTank 7M Retrospective camera bag. This bag has served me well and I have had no complaints except for one. The Shoulder strap is non removable. I have yet to use the shoulder strap and I have thought of removing it since I have owned this bag. Knowing how things go, If I were to cut the strap off, I would need the strap the following day.

I am taking a trip in a couple of weeks and will carry more lenses than I normally do, so with that in mind, I recently purchased a Wotancraft “Pilot” 7L Messenger bag with some accessories. Those accessories included a detachable zipper bag, a detachable draw-string bag, the Fidlock upgrade for the main bag and an extra shoulder strap and attaching hardware. Today, I took a Dremel cut-off wheel to the rings that held the shoulder strap on my ThinkTank bag and now I can attach or remove the shoulder strap on either bag. The extra strap, hardware and shoulder cushion pad cost an extra $24 US dollars. I am very happy with this setup. I can carry my A7M4 in the Wotancraft bag and 3 lenses and I can put 3 or 4 more lenses in the ThinkTank bag or 3 lenses and my A7M3 if I felt I needed a spare body.

Life is good!
Bag-4.jpg
  • ILCE-7M3
  • FE 20mm F1.8 G
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 4000

Last edited:
I am selling my Sony setup, not used outside due to I’ll health…

Sony 100-400
Sony 200-600
Sony 1.4x Teleconverter
Sony a7R iv
Heavy Tripod unused

Do you think £4300 is reasonable for the lot?

Kolari Vision 665nm infrared magnetic drop-in filter for my converted Sony cameras. It appears that using those filters (already have the 590nm and OEM IR/Cut) close to the sensor gives me less issues than what I'm getting with my rather expensive set of lens filters. Sure does make it more enjoyable to just switch out the lenses without dealing with a filter as well. Glad Kolari Vision finally came out with these filters earlier this year.

24mm f1.4 GM to extend a bit the focal range of my GM prime kit. Waiting for 85mm f1.2 GM to replace the often misfocusing sigma 85mm f1.4 DG DN

I've just returned from Norwich with peak designs camera clip. Initially I thought it quite expensive for a couple of plastic mouldings but having got it out the box, I soon realised what a quality piece of engineering it is. It's not plastic at all but a pair of precision machined components.

Sometimes you merely have to handle something and you know it's quality, that is the case with this item.

The clip sits on a belt or rucksack strap and there is an additional part that attaches to the tripod socket in the same way a tripod mount would. There is a single button to depress to release the camera.

I will be using it in conjunction with a conventional neck strap to take some of the camera's weight off my neck and shoulders.

It'll take a bit of getting used to, but I'm sure releasing it will become second nature with a bit of use.

Still not cheap at £65, but I'm confident it will last longer than I do and I've come to realise, if it's connected to your hobbies, it ain't going to be cheap.

Last edited:
I've just returned from Norwich with peak designs camera clip. Initially I thought it quite expensive for a couple of plastic mouldings but having got it out the box, I soon realised what a quality piece of engineering it is. It's not plastic at all but a pair of precision machined components.

Sometimes you merely have to handle something and you know it's quality, that is the case with this item.

The clip sits on a belt or rucksack strap and there is an additional part that attaches to the tripod socket in the same way a tripod mount would. There is a single button to depress to release the camera.

I will be using it in conjunction with a conventional neck strap to take some of the camera's weight off my neck and shoulders.

It'll take a bit of getting used to, but I'm sure releasing it will become second nature with a bit of use.

Still not cheap at £65, but I'm confident it will last longer than I do and I've come to realise, if it's connected to your hobbies, it ain't going to be cheap.
I was thinking about buying one too, glad to hear its worth the cost.

Went to the local camera store and got the Tamron 28-75 G2.
Whenever, I have to switch to using the 70-200 GM II for an event, I still have to lug the Tamron 35-150 for the wider range but that is a lot of weight for having 35-70. With the G2, I can have it attached to my other camera on a PD capture clip on my belt.
The other solution was to get another A1 and use my 35 GM and have crop mode for 50 but $900 vs $6500 is too much for me to justify. :p

Went to the local camera store and got the Tamron 28-75 G2.
Whenever, I have to switch to using the 70-200 GM II for an event, I still have to lug the Tamron 35-150 for the wider range but that is a lot of weight for having 35-70. With the G2, I can have it attached to my other camera on a PD capture clip on my belt.
The other solution was to get another A1 and use my 35 GM and have crop mode for 50 but $900 vs $6500 is too much for me to justify. :p

You could buy the extra A1, and a Sony 24-70 GM II, making it symmetric - GM II on both bodies.

That’s the advice you want us to offer, isn’t it?

Get a wrist strap as well, otherwise you will drop it someday when clipping/unclipping

Purchased two of the new APS-C lenses - the 15mm f/1.4 G and PZ 10-20mm f/4 G. Also added the FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS to my inventory. Can't wait for these lens to arrive so I can play.

Hardly worth mentioning, but Amazon is bringing me one more Freewell Magnetic lens cap. This one is 77mm for my Sony 100-400 GM. I have just two more lenses to go to cover all of my lenses except for my FE 14mm and my Kit lens, which I never use anyway. FWIW, using this magnetic system is not only convenient bur you can stack a couple of Freewell ND filters on them as well. I would have paid more for the Freewell caps if they said Sony on them instead of Freewell. How about SONY by Freewell.

Got a great Prime Day deal on a Venus Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens, guess I am going to try some macro photography now, never done that before. Also pickup a Godox TT685IIS Speedlite Flash.

Though it was a birthday present, I technically bought it as I'm the only earner in the house. Godox TT350S Mini Flash to use for Macro.

I am trying to buy a Sony 1.4x teleconverter, but they keep telling me I can’t :-(

Silly excuse about being out of stock and no prediction of when it will be back in stock - how unreasonable is that?? If I want it they should make it for me! Strangely, they don’t seem to see it that way… <heavy sigh/>

I am trying to buy a Sony 1.4x teleconverter, but they keep telling me I can’t :-(

Silly excuse about being out of stock and no prediction of when it will be back in stock - how unreasonable is that?? If I want it they should make it for me! Strangely, they don’t seem to see it that way… <heavy sigh/>
Having the same issue trying to get the 2x Teleconverter.

I am not sure memory cards count but I got a couple of new ones

I still debating if I should buy it or not. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09T9QKQH7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A5M5KF0O05RFF&psc=1
It's an external drive that you can put an SD card directly into to save photos without needing a laptop. Debating if I should invest in it or just buy more SD cards and just use them. Am going on a trip later this year and thought this item might be better to back up photos each night of the trip rather than hauling several SD cards and worry about them.
Any thoughts on this? Feel free to comment.

Purchased a used A9 in pristine condition at the local camera store.

I bought a garden kneeling pad from asda for 1.99. Superb bit of kit for those awkward angles and macro.

My local dealer (not of recreational pharmaceuticals, but of camera gear...) had a grand re-opening sale on yesterday. Wandered in to say hi and see the new store. Casually asked about the 1.4x teleconverter I've been chasing for 6 months or so. They had one! And, to add spice to the occasion, they had discounted it! As you can imagine, I mulled over the purchase for at least a microsecond before relieving them of the burden of that particular stock item.

Happy happy joy joy!

Back