People Yearbook Group

Chris Valle

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
4F6FB1A9-30E7-481B-8D58-0FA9557E8759.jpeg

Are these kids models or actors? Great shot, especially if they aren't professionals used to the camera!

Those are kids from my wife's 4th grade class! I try to create a rapport with them, and at age 9, they're more focused than little kids, but more eager and often more cooperative than teenagers. We have fun with it.

Any one of them could go into modeling or show business, they've all got "the look," in my opinion....

Another question, though, which occurs to me: since these aren't professional kids in the business, I assume you've gotten model releases or permission from the parents to share their images on a public site on the internet?

Permission has been granted, though I should point out that none is required under the provisions of the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

Hope I didn’t come across as trying to nitpick! It’s just that when minor children are photographed and their images shared online sometimes there can be problems......I’ve even seen articles from parents themselves not wanting to put their children’s photos on the internet. Anyway, this is a terrific shot and I’m glad we got to see it!

Hope I didn’t come across as trying to nitpick! It’s just that when minor children are photographed and their images shared online sometimes there can be problems......I’ve even seen articles from parents themselves not wanting to put their children’s photos on the internet. Anyway, this is a terrific shot and I’m glad we got to see it!
Not at all, thanks! Usage only comes into it for commercial purposes. LAUSD parents sign a waiver at the beginning of the school year. Again, these were for the yearbook, so a wide audience is a foregone conclusion.

Ah, right, the yearbook! That makes sense that this would involve a wide audience....

Back