Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I took the better camera out and quite happy with these shots.
They are crapped a real lot and yet there is still hasn't downgraded as much as I thought it would.
Being a young bird to make it a lot smaller to.
DSC05549.JPG
  • ILCE-7M2
  • E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
  • 210.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 125
DSC05550.JPG
  • ILCE-7M2
  • E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
  • 210.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 125

Choose bigger birds Aussie! :)
I read this and all I could do was laugh. Thank you for that as it's a little quiet around the place.
I am doing my best to prove to the wife I need to get at least a 100/400mm lens for birding.

Ha ha, best advice I've got I'm afraid I'm new to birds! I do however have the 100-400 and for me its great. It's as professional as I want to look, the 200-600 might prompt too many questions from people that I haven't got the knowledge to answer! I've recently paired it with the 1.4x TC and am yet to love the combination.

Hmm, I've just checked the price of the 200-600! That's not bad at the mo.

Ha ha, best advice I've got I'm afraid I'm new to birds! I do however have the 100-400 and for me its great. It's as professional as I want to look, the 200-600 might prompt too many questions from people that I haven't got the knowledge to answer! I've recently paired it with the 1.4x TC and am yet to love the combination.
The 100/400mm lens I think will do me fine as I have got bad shoulder and buggered back and a new knee which doesn't work.
I did have a DSLR with the tamron 150/600mm lens but it got a little too heavy.

To get to where I see the photo's that you and other take is a part that pushes me to progress.
The RX10m4 will not get me there but its still a good one for other things.
The A7ii with your combination will make that step for me.
So thanks for your needed help in this Drewid.

I sometimes find it useful to check Flickr and type the camera model into the search function and see what other people are using as a combo for their shots.

Good advice again. I am going out with the leader of our local bird photo group on Thursday.
He knows a real lot and I will talk with him as we.
One time he mentioned that the big lens is useless in rainforests as the zoom too large while it is so dark in too many places there.

That describes my problem with my recently purchased 1.4TC! You lose a stop of light and having bought it at a time when Winter is on its way I'm not seeing too much good light and therefore increasing my ISO. I look forward to seeing your results from Thursday.

That describes my problem with my recently purchased 1.4TC! You lose a stop of light and having bought it at a time when Winter is on its way I'm not seeing too much good light and therefore increasing my ISO. I look forward to seeing your results from Thursday.
We are just into summer here and we just hit a record for a November day of 45.7 Celcius.
So the light on these days is really good if you are stupid enough to go out there.
Though even in winter here we still have quite good lighting.
So I think on this it should be quite okay though not every day will be good either.

Back