Following
Name
Peter D Clark
Country
United States
City/State
Phoenix, Arizona
Evening all,
Like some of you I'm sure I follow a few people i learn and laugh from online. Some are dead serious and take great care and pride in illustrating their thought process and post processing, and some, well, are a laugh and yet I still tend to learn with the laughs. Here's a few links in case you're sat at home like me "working" due to Covid and in need of relief for a few minutes of sanity:

Adam Gibbs (UK) : (Thoughtful and delightfully melancholy landscape photo channel)

Nigel Dansen (UK): (Passionate to a fault landscape photographer, truly feel his emotions minute by minute)

Thomas Heaton (UK): (Excellent Landscaope phtographer, same vein as Nigel Dansen but less hard on himself I find)

Chris Brockhurst (CAN): (Gear and tutorial photo channel, very Sony-centric)

Jason Vong (US?): (Younger youtube crowd/instacred crowd, but is a Sony advocate/shooter for Travel, street, Landscape with gear and tutorials)

Camera Conspiracies (CAN): (Very acquired taste alet!!! This kid cracks me up. Entertaining, silly, deep dive technical gear reviews with brand comparison while making fun of everything. Took me 1.5 vids to realize he;s not mad or stupid but a genius :)

Photography Online (UK): (Very well produced content for amatuers and inbetweeners alike. Lots of great segments content with lengthy videos monthly and contests and workshops. Great enemble delivering the segments too)

and lastly my fave mainly due to his cohorts and the sheer joy his childish humour brings me:

Fototripper (Gavin Hardcastle UK in CAN): Excellent content, tutorials, slapstick. TopGear for photographers!!!

There. I'm sure I;ve missed some, but there are usually on my YouTube rotation. Hope you enjoy and feel free to add to the list if you;ve others you feel are share-worthy for the rest of us :)

Cheers
Peter

...note, I should add Mark Galer here too for others as his videos were among the first I stumbled across when switching to Sony Kit.
For me though, his voice reminds me of an asleep-but-doesn't-know-it-uni-professor :) Very insightful setups and high level overviews here though. Good for Sony Newbies like me

Some great picks there Peter and a couple that I've not heard of. The Photography Online show is fantastic. I did a workshop with them up on Skye a few years back, definitely one of the best that I've done!

Here are a few that I like to follow:

Stefano Ianiro: Fantastic wildlife photographer and videographer from Canada, mainly focussed on birds.

Andy Rouse: Great wildlife photographer from the UK.

Morten Hilmer: Amazing wildlife photographer from Denmark.

Nick Hanson: Landscape photographer from Scotland and one of the presenters for Photography Online.

Manny Ortiz: Portrait photographer from the US.

Craig Roberts: UK landscape photographer. I've also done a workshop with him, great guy!

Gerald Undone: I like his technical in-depth gear reviews.

Arthur R: Easy to watch gear reviews, mainly Sony APS-C cameras.

Lots of food for thought with this lot. I mostly look through the reviews but perhaps I should expand my education.

Thanks for adding to the list Timothy. Some there I knew of and some new to consider so thanks!
Drewid, YouTube’s great for gear reviews and tech spec comparisons etc. I admit this is where I started when shopping for the switch to Sony...then I devoured everything and anything I could.
The suggestions above are just that, an expansion of gear guides that show locations, tips and tricks and the gear in real world scenarios ...in some cases hilarity along for the ride.

Cheers
peter

...note, I should add Mark Galer here too for others as his videos were among the first I stumbled across when switching to Sony Kit.
For me though, his voice reminds me of an asleep-but-doesn't-know-it-uni-professor :) Very insightful setups and high level overviews here though. Good for Sony Newbies like me

Great info here thanks.
I agree with this one - I have learned so much from watching his videos. (usually in bed). Then forgetting everything I saw when actually picking the camera up in the morning.:unsure:

Last edited:
I just discovered Duade Paton on bird photography - an extensive collection of vids with expert advice given in a laid-back manner.

Yes, Mark Galer taught at RMIT in Melbourne.
He used to say everything twice so you could take notes.

I am btw opposed to settings recipes. Sooner or later you have to understand the why of settings so as to analyse your shots. You save time with sooner.

Back