Sony has announced their latest Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VII camera and the seventh in the line-up of RX100 models.
Here’s a quick look at some of the key features:
- 20MP 1″-type stacked-CMOS sensor with phase detection and built-in DRAM
- 24-200mm equivalent F2.8-4.5 zoom
- 20 fps continuous shooting with full autofocus and auto-exposure, and no blackout
- Seven frame, 90 fps ‘single burst’ mode
- Retractable 2.36M-dot EVF with 0.59x equiv. magnification
- 3″ touchscreen LCD (flips up 180° or down by 90°)
- Oversampled UHD 4K video (up to 5 min clips in standard temperature mode)
- Combined lens and digital ‘Active’ stabilization mode in video
- High speed video at up to 1000 fps
- Wi-Fi with Bluetooth and NFC
- Microphone socket
The RX100 VII will ship in August 2019 at a recommended price of $1200 in the US, €1300 in Europe and £1200 in the UK. These are roughly the same prices that the RX100 VI was launched at.
And here are some first look videos from Sony:
And some first impressions from Kai Wong:
* Sony RX100 VII Pre-Orders
Full product details and sample images for the RX100 VII can be found on Sony’s website.
* Affiliate Links
Within this article there are affiliate links. If you decided to buy something after clicking a link I may receive a small commission. Purchases made using these affiliate links go to support the content created here along with keeping all of the Alpha Shooters Facebook Groups up and running.