Sony has announced their latest Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VII camera and the seventh in the line-up of RX100 models.
Here’s a quick look at some of the key features:
- 20MP 1″-type stacked-CMOS sensor with phase detection and built-in DRAM
- 24-200mm equivalent F2.8-4.5 zoom
- 20 fps continuous shooting with full autofocus and auto-exposure, and no blackout
- Seven frame, 90 fps ‘single burst’ mode
- Retractable 2.36M-dot EVF with 0.59x equiv. magnification
- 3″ touchscreen LCD (flips up 180° or down by 90°)
- Oversampled UHD 4K video (up to 5 min clips in standard temperature mode)
- Combined lens and digital ‘Active’ stabilization mode in video
- High speed video at up to 1000 fps
- Wi-Fi with Bluetooth and NFC
- Microphone socket
The RX100 VII will ship in August 2019 at a recommended price of $1200 in the US, €1300 in Europe and £1200 in the UK. These are roughly the same prices that the RX100 VI was launched at.
And here are some first look videos from Sony:
And some first impressions from Kai Wong:
* Sony RX100 VII Pre-Orders
Full product details and sample images for the RX100 VII can be found on Sony’s website.
Please Help Me to Keep Alpha Shooters Going and Growing.
There are two very easy and completely free ways that you can support this site.
1. By purchasing your gear through the affiliate links (denoted with *) on this site or by visiting the Alpha Shooters Amazon Store (US Only) to check out my recommended Sony Alpha Gear and Accessories. If you buy something after clicking a link I may receive a small commission, but don’t worry as the price still remains the same for you.
2. By sharing this sites content that you find helpful on social media, in forums, or linking back to it from your own website.
If you do buy through my links or share my content, then thank you very much for your kind support and I look forward to seeing your shots in one of the many Alpha Shooters Facebook Groups that I run.