Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I made a trip up to Bempton Cliffs (UK) to shoot the northern gannets recently, it was my first proper outing since the restrictions were eased here. A strong wind meant challenging conditions for the gannets as they were coming in to land on the cliff face, which meant for some very easy photos for us! Except for cropping these shots have not been processed.

An early start...

sunrise.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 5000

gannet1.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 800

gannet2.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 344.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 1000

gannet3.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 1000

gannet4.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 344.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 800

gannet5.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 426.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 500

gannet6.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 500

gannet7.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 500

gannet8.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 400

gannet9.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 430.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 400

gannet10.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 478.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 400

gannet12.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 160

gannet11.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 512.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 400

Well done, Boss!

Very nice. One of my favourite birding venues.

Cheers Kev. Just wish it was a little close to home for me!

Same here. 5.5 hours from me where I live now, and probably from where I'm moving to as well.

• Admin
Same here. 5.5 hours from me where I live now, and probably from where I'm moving to as well.
About 4 hours for me and not the most exciting of drives. Where are you moving to? We've just accepted an offer on our house, not moving far though, just over the border into Shropshire if all goes to plan.

About 4 hours for me and not the most exciting of drives. Where are you moving to? We've just accepted an offer on our house, not moving far though, just over the border into Shropshire if all goes to plan.
Norfolk, or the East Coast/Broads of said place. Just got turned down on a place we love even though I had the higher bid. Really annoying.

• Admin
Norfolk, or the East Coast/Broads of said place. Just got turned down on a place we love even though I had the higher bid. Really annoying.
That's really frustrating! I hope something else pops up soon. I've never stepped foot in Norfolk but l bet it's a great spot for wildlife along the coast. We don't have too many options at present. We are going to see a place on Sunday that we viewed last year then they took it off the market. We reached out to them after accepting an offer on ours and it turns out that they plan to remarket again soon but are happy for us to come and view again. So we'll see where that goes...

Some lovely shots there Tim.
Sadly when we went there the sea mist came in and we couldn't even see the cliffs! Definitely a long drive and a overnight stay for us.

That's really frustrating! I hope something else pops up soon. I've never stepped foot in Norfolk but l bet it's a great spot for wildlife along the coast. We don't have too many options at present. We are going to see a place on Sunday that we viewed last year then they took it off the market. We reached out to them after accepting an offer on ours and it turns out that they plan to remarket again soon but are happy for us to come and view again. So we'll see where that goes...
Cheers. In a twist, I threw another 5k at them and they agreed, so we now have the house we loved, hopefully at least. Lots to sort yet. The east coast isn't great for birdlife so much, that I know of yet anyway, but the Broads are fantastic, and there is Snettisham for the Knot in September, about a 75 minute drive from where we will be I think. We should be there by then. Hopefully, if it all goes smoothly, we will be (3 mile) walking distance from the massive Seal colony at Winterton/Horsey Gap. 5 minute drive though :)

I hope you can get what you are after. This house buying and selling is stressful!

Some lovely shots there Tim.
Sadly when we went there the sea mist came in and we couldn't even see the cliffs! Definitely a long drive and a overnight stay for us.
Cheers Mark. That's shame about the mist. We had a little more cloud than we would have liked early on as well, but thankfully it brightened up later in the morning, but then it was too bright! :)

Cheers. In a twist, I threw another 5k at them and they agreed, so we now have the house we loved, hopefully at least. Lots to sort yet. The east coast isn't great for birdlife so much, that I know of yet anyway, but the Broads are fantastic, and there is Snettisham for the Knot in September, about a 75 minute drive from where we will be I think. We should be there by then. Hopefully, if it all goes smoothly, we will be (3 mile) walking distance from the massive Seal colony at Winterton/Horsey Gap. 5 minute drive though :)

I hope you can get what you are after. This house buying and selling is stressful!
Congratulations Kev, bet you are well chuffed! :) It's definitely a stressful process. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for us both! We want to get out of our house ASAP to break the chain, so we might end up renting for a while.

Congratulations Kev, bet you are well chuffed! :) It's definitely a stressful process. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for us both! We want to get out of our house ASAP to break the chain, so we might end up renting for a while.
Cheers Tim. Yes very happy, but now the stress of waiting for it all to come together starts. Thankfully I will have some time off after before job hunting as I am semi-retiring.

Cheers Tim. Yes very happy, but now the stress of waiting for it all to come together starts. Thankfully I will have some time off after before job hunting as I am semi-retiring.
I'm sure it will come together Kev and you'll be sitting in the new garden enjoying a beer before you know it :) Congratulations on the semi retirement as well! More time for photography hopefully then!

I'm sure it will come together Kev and you'll be sitting in the new garden enjoying a beer before you know it :) Congratulations on the semi retirement as well! More time for photography hopefully then!
Definitely, cheers.

Back