Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

1.4 extender

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

GordyDunwoking

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gordon Wyatt
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Surrey
Hi i have the new Sigma 100 to 400 E mount lens. My question is will the Sony 1.4 extender work with the lens and if so how good is it. I have the a7iii camera

I don't think it does, sadly, because of the back element.

Hi i have the new Sigma 100 to 400 E mount lens. My question is will the Sony 1.4 extender work with the lens and if so how good is it. I have the a7iii camera
Hi, do you use ‘clear image zoom’ ?
I use it with my a7iii and Sony 100-400 and if gives a very impressive up to x2 Magnification.
This function only works when shooting jpeg so if often overlooked if you shoot RAW.
I fine tune the focus with manual focusing but overall it is really impressive .

Fits but you lose aperture control and don't get AF.

Fits but you lose aperture control and don't get AF.
Thanks for the info very helpful. The big thing is that i have heard a rumour that Sony will not let Sigma bring out a 1.4 or 2 extender for this lens

Hi, do you use ‘clear image zoom’ ?
I use it with my a7iii and Sony 100-400 and if gives a very impressive up to x2 Magnification.
This function only works when shooting jpeg so if often overlooked if you shoot RAW.
I fine tune the focus with manual focusing but overall it is really impressive .
Thanks for the info will give it a try

Thanks for the info very helpful. The big thing is that i have heard a rumour that Sony will not let Sigma bring out a 1.4 or 2 extender for this lens
My understanding is that Sony runs open standards on its lenses.

Thanks for the info will give it a try
Hi have been photographing in the garden with a stuffed reindeer using clear image zoom with my 100-400 sigma lens @ 1.4 and 1.5 zoom there was very little difference but @ 2 it was a little soft but this was @ f6.3. Thanks again for the info

I thought they already had.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

New in Marketplace

Back