Name
Uncle Kev 😆
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A short video from an amazing day at Snettisham today. The high tide really pushed the birds in much closer than last time. Incredible sight and sound. Apologies for the wifes noisy Nikon shutter :)
https://youtu.be/JEBuuxQBQEo

Last edited:
Did you get a count, Kev?
Not personally, but the RSPB do a count, they have a set method. This is the count from Sunday

Knot: 80,000 Oystercatcher: 5,420 Dunlin: 2,850 Bar-tailed godwit: 2,800 Shelduck: 1,080 Grey plover: 950 Sanderling: 445 Turnstone: 285 Redshank: 260 Curlew: 250 Wigeon: 138 Lapwing: 120...

A least you know what to buy the missus for Christmas - a Sony with an electronic shutter!!

A least you know what to buy the missus for Christmas - a Sony with an electronic shutter!!
I'm not that rich :) Also, as it goes, I never use my E Shutter, I hate it. I need a noise to confirm I've taken a shot, but the Sony shutter is my quieter.

Not personally, but the RSPB do a count, they have a set method. This is the count from Sunday

Knot: 80,000 Oystercatcher: 5,420 Dunlin: 2,850 Bar-tailed godwit: 2,800 Shelduck: 1,080 Grey plover: 950 Sanderling: 445 Turnstone: 285 Redshank: 260 Curlew: 250 Wigeon: 138 Lapwing: 120...
Good Lord Kev, I never actually thought you would have an answer! ;)

Good Lord Kev, I never actually thought you would have an answer! ;)

Those that know me well know I have an answer for everything :D
However, with this, yes, though I'm not sure how they count, there is a method they use which involves counting blocks of birds and multiplying or adding. It's obviously not accurate to the exact number, but its close. There really is nowhere else like this in the UK though. Extraordinary amount of birds.

Back