A few flowers for last outing

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Aussie

Well Known Member
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 9, 2020
Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Victoria
On the 24-12-2021 I went over the river to a place called Buronga and you say this like Bur-wrong-ga
Not too far from there is a place called the Botanic Inland Gardens and they grow all manner of plant from here and overseas.
So these were the ones in flower at the time.
The 1st four are Roses Followed by the Sturt Desert Pea but no it doesn't have a pea in it, then the Sunflowers.
Some of the Sunflower shots are crop job as in the first and 3rd shot of the Sunflower are from the 2nd shot.
And the last one is a crop job from the 2nd to last shot. Border Birds 24-12-2021 (527).JPG Border Birds 24-12-2021 (532).JPG Border Birds 24-12-2021 (534).JPG Border Birds 24-12-2021 (540).JPG Border Birds 24-12-2021 (596).JPG Border Birds 24-12-2021 (597).JPG Border Birds 24-12-2021 (600).JPG Border Birds 24-12-2021 (601) - Copy.JPG Border Birds 24-12-2021 (601).JPG Border Birds 24-12-2021 (602) - Copy.JPG Border Birds 24-12-2021 (607).JPG Border Birds 24-12-2021 (617).JPG

Reciprocum

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Jan 9, 2021
Name
Afonso Santos
Country
Portugal
I think your lens is not doing justice to what your M3 sensor can deliver, especially given the low ISO values. Are you using any kind of UV filter ? Or are you posting low res versions of your pics ? I see from your sig that you only have zoom glass. Time to borrow/rent a prime for a few days ? Suggest the SEL85F18

Last edited:
Reactions: Aussie

Aussie

Well Known Member
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 9, 2020
Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Victoria
I think your lens is not doing justice to what your M3 sensor can deliver, especially given the low ISO values. Are you using any kind of UV filter ? Or are you posting low res versions of your pics ? I see from your sig that you only have zoom glass. Time to borrow/rent a prime for a few days ? Suggest the SEL85F18
These are all set at a low resolution. I don't like some shots I have got with higher ISO so if I can I will keep it as low as I can because I am not one who is in favour of going out and buying program to get rid of noise. For me I find that just a waste of time. I don't use any filters as I don't have them. And on the part of getting a prime lens, Sony isn't that big around my area as Canon is the one here. As for hiring one we have nothing here to do this unless you travel 5 hour to get one and I am not that much of a hurry to do this.
But is what way are you meaning that the lens isn't doing them justice? So if you can fill me in on this I would appreciate that.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.