Following
Name
Dave Le
Country
United States
City/State
Minneapolis
You don't have to necessarily have a answer to all of these,

1) Post your favorite pic of yourself, doesn't have to be a selfie.

2) What is your favorite fast food restaurant?

3) What is your non-favorite fast food restaurant?

4) What was your very first digital SLR camera?

5) What is your favorite genre or subject to take photographs of?

Last question) What's your favorite movie?

53068441436_15df030bb4_z.jpg

KFC

Fogo De Chao

Pentax K-m(2000)

Couples, engagement.

American History X

This will catch some people a bit off guard, but I guess many would be used to that from me. I don't do social media, this site is the only time I've ever spoken to people on the internet. With no social media I don't do many selfies or pictures of myself but every now and then my girlfriend asks me to do a new picture to show her friends and work friends. So this is the latest one I basically cartooned up for her a couple of weeks ago.

View attachment 43572

The last time I had McDonalds or KFC was in my teens, I had Burger King after a six hour bike ride earlier this year when I was basically starving to death, so I guess BK is my favourite fast food. My life literally evolves around health and fitness so I'm pedantic about what goes into my body, so zero pharmaceutical drugs and absolutely no vaccines. I watch documentaries on YouTube, but I've never had Netflix or what not and my televisions at home do not have mainstream media access. The latest documentary I watched was Plandemic 3. I still watch Blu Ray DVD if I want to watch a movie although I'm pretty sure I haven't actually watched a movie this year. My favourite movie is The Silence Of The Lambs along with the Hannibal series. My 2nd favourite is Blow as I love the main message of the movie 'money isn't real', and especially as I see people around me every day living crappy lives, working crappy jobs etc living a life of misery just because they feel they have to meet these silly societal norms and keep up with the Jones', it does mean a lot to me that movie so there's sort of two meanings of it in my mind.

I've been taking photos for two years in October so I didn’t have a DSLR. My first interchangeable lens camera was an A6400.

Some of my beliefs and ideas. I'm 39 years old, my whole life I've always questioned what, why and how. Even as a kid I didn't think my teachers really knew what they were talking about and I was always looked at as a trouble maker for putting them on the line. As a kid I thought government was the stupidest ideology ever and as I got older I realised it was absolutely true. The fact that people even want to have a stranger be in control of their lives is simply ridiculousness at it's highest level. I believe it should be an absolute human duty to take offence if someone tries to remove your self responsibility. Stand on your own two feet no matter what.

I get a lot of people ask me what I am, what is the definition of my type. I say I'm nothing, simply a person who makes judgements then acts or thinks accordingly. I'm not religious at all, I truly believe that we are living in a simulation, but I do firmly believe in 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you'. People want to be in a box, they think they have to assign under a heading to have meaning. Same as with photography, I'm nothing, I just think the world is amazing so I just take photos to represent all this beauty as well as I can.

That will be it for now, enough rambling... 🫡

Last edited by a moderator:
This will catch some people a bit off guard, but I guess many would be used to that from me. I don't do social media, this site is the only time I've ever spoken to people on the internet. With no social media I don't do many selfies or pictures of myself but every now and then my girlfriend asks me to do a new picture to show her friends and work friends. So this is the latest one I basically cartooned up for her a couple of weeks ago.

View attachment 43572

The last time I had McDonalds or KFC was in my teens, I had Burger King after a six hour bike ride earlier this year when I was basically starving to death, so I guess BK is my favourite fast food. My life literally evolves around health and fitness so I'm pedantic about what goes into my body, so zero pharmaceutical drugs and absolutely no vaccines. I watch documentaries on YouTube, but I've never had Netflix or what not and my televisions at home do not have mainstream media access. The latest documentary I watched was Plandemic 3. I still watch Blu Ray DVD if I want to watch a movie although I'm pretty sure I haven't actually watched a movie this year. My favourite movie is The Silence Of The Lambs along with the Hannibal series. My 2nd favourite is Blow as I love the main message of the movie 'money isn't real', and especially as I see people around me every day living crappy lives, working crappy jobs etc living a life of misery just because they feel they have to meet these silly societal norms and keep up with the Jones', it does mean a lot to me that movie so there's sort of two meanings of it in my mind.

I've been taking photos for two years in October so I didn’t have a DSLR. My first interchangeable lens camera was an A6400.

Some of my beliefs and ideas. I'm 39 years old, my whole life I've always questioned what, why and how. Even as a kid I didn't think my teachers really knew what they were talking about and I was always looked at as a trouble maker for putting them on the line. As a kid I thought government was the stupidest ideology ever and as I got older I realised it was absolutely true. The fact that people even want to have a stranger be in control of their lives is simply ridiculousness at it's highest level. I believe it should be an absolute human duty to take offence if someone tries to remove your self responsibility. Stand on your own two feet no matter what.

I get a lot of people ask me what I am, what is the definition of my type. I say I'm nothing, simply a person who makes judgements then acts or thinks accordingly. I'm not religious at all, I truly believe that we are living in a simulation, but I do firmly believe in 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you'. People want to be in a box, they think they have to assign under a heading to have meaning. Same as with photography, I'm nothing, I just think the world is amazing so I just take photos to represent all this beauty as well as I can.

bit of a pot belly showing up there, Clint... :whistle:

-Burger King

-NA - don't use others.

- Canon 800D

- Landscape

- Godfather
FB_IMG_1684040477139.jpg

You don't have to necessarily have a answer to all of these,

Since in general I am pretty boring I don't have an interesting answer to most of these questions!

No selfies, no favorite photos of myself.....Not going there!

I don't eat fast food , either as take-out or in fast-food restaurants.

I haven't been to a "real" restaurant since before the pandemic started, so no favorites at this time.

My first digital camera was a Nikon Coolpix, the very first which really became known to and used by the general public. My first DSLR was a Nikon D70.

Favorite genre for shooting: well, two of them, actually: macro and also wildlife (my current Sony cameras and lenses are just perfect for this).

It's been a long time since I've been to a movie in an actual movie (cinema) theater building, and I don't watch that many movies via streaming/online, whatever....

I have hundreds of photos of my wife and family, but very few of myself. This was taken not long after I retired in one of my favourite places. My own patch of heaven, 12 acres of Norfolk woodland. It kind of sums me up.

DSC_1100.JPG
  • I3113
  • 2.5 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 100

Fish and chips, I don't eat any other fast food. My last meal in a burger joint was on the south bank of the Thames in 2000, it's a culinary desert (or it was then) and my kids were starving. I couldn't believe I got corrected for my pronunciation, apparently it's a filay of fish.

Currently, it's a local Indian restaurant. Their tarka dahl is to die for with huge chunks of garlic waiting to delight you and all that encounter you the next day.

Nikon D3200

Travel. I got the bug when I was employed by the man. So many years ago. I spent about 8 years of my life travelling for work. Then my daughter was born, no way, I was missing her growing up.

Too general a question.

I'd have to say Layer Cake is my overall winner, Daniel Craig at his absolute best and one of the best endings in cinema.

For comedy genius, Mel Brooks is the man. It's one that wouldn't get made in today's society, but Blazing saddles, gets my vote.

British movies are undoubtedly the best in the world, and lock, stock and two smoking barrels sums up the genre superbly. Snatch is another and Brad is absolutely perfect for the role of Irish gypsy, bare knuckle fighter, who'd have thought?

Horror has always held a special place in my heart, but it's an early morning pleasure as my other half doesn't share my feelings on the subject. Hammer made some stonkers, oozing sex appeal and sophistication along with some genuine 70s cheese, but the company of wolves takes the trophy for it's pioneering fx. Scooby Doo and the reluctant werewolf deserves a mention also.

As far as science fiction goes, Paul, was a masterpiece, how I wept at the end!

View attachment 43572

Nice Clint but I am not sure you are what he is looking for mate 🤣 I find this question very weird I wont be answering it even if I wanted to be Alpha

A recent one then, from a few months back before my daughter grew out of her carrier...
DSC03440-2.jpg
  • ILCE-6400
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.7999999523163
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100

Popeye's (I'd have said KFC, but only if I was back home in Jamaica)

3) What is your favorite non-fast food restaurant? (question edited based on what I think the OP was going for)
The Pub. I know it sounds generic, but in my area, there is a chain of bar/restaurants fashioned after a British pub, and they were so original in naming it... The Pub LOL! So yeah, its not the same as a genuine pub in UK, but they serve a decent fish & chips and shepherd's pie.

I never had one. My father had a Canon Digital Rebel, but I wasn't into photography back then. The a6000 was my first interchangeable lens camera in 2019, followed shortly by the a6400 in the same year. So pretty much my entire photography learning journey has been with my current camera, which I use as my excuse for my loyalty to Sony APSC.

Flowers remind me of my mum's garden, so its a genre near and dear to me.
Landscape represents a genre I'm always chasing, but only because I love to travel and always crave more!

6) What's your favorite movie?
The Matrix. None of the sequels, just the original movie.

Last edited:
2. Buffalo Bills

3. Clarrices

4. Lecter 7000i

5. Butterflies and Moths

6. Bambi
l-intro-1666273432.jpg

Today in KL
GJF05062.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 12800

I had a burger today from KGB. Pretty ordinary but I like to cook my own meals so fast food is not my thing.
GJF05107.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 12800

First digital SLR was a Pentax iSTD

Flying fox, obviously.
DEB48EBB-1AAD-4CB0-A71E-8CE69CFFDB32.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 135mm F1.8 GM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/6400 sec
  • ISO 125

Favorite movie would have to be “The Last Warrior”

Tasmanian, recently retired from Scuba diving/underwater photography having started in 1969. Now just having fun with cameras photographing birds, general wildlife and nature. Host Nature walks every fortnight for a U3A group. (University of the third age).

Seaslug.jpg
  • Canon PowerShot G12
  • 6.1 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/40 sec
  • ISO 80

Back