Sony A7 IV A7 IV Update Problem

SteveC

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Steve Taylor
Hi all. I have an A7 1V. I'm trying to install an update. Full battery. Formated the card in the camera. Added the update file to the folder. Card then put back in camera. When I go to Version then update
I'm getting message 'There is no media inserted in slot 1 there is no update file in the media or the file is dammaged' ?

Done this a few times with different cards to no avail.

Hi all. I have an A7 1V. I'm trying to install an update. Full battery. Formated the card in the camera. Added the update file to the folder. Card then put back in camera. When I go to Version then update
I'm getting message 'There is no media inserted in slot 1 there is no update file in the media or the file is dammaged' ?

Done this a few times with different cards to no avail.
Which firmware version is your camera currently on Steve? When updating from Ver. 1.01 or earlier, you need to update to Ver. 1.05 before proceeding with the Ver. 2.00 update.

Also make sure that the firmware you copy over to the memory card is placed in the main root directory, not in any of the subfolders. Also check that it is called BODYDATA.DAT and not BODYDATA-1.DAT that your system may have renamed it to if it was downloaded to a folder with an existing firmware with the same name.

Which firmware version is your camera currently on Steve? When updating from Ver. 1.01 or earlier, you need to update to Ver. 1.05 before proceeding with the Ver. 2.00 update.

Also make sure that the firmware you copy over to the memory card is placed in the main root directory, not in any of the subfolders. Also check that it is called BODYDATA.DAT and not BODYDATA-1.DAT that your system may have renamed it to if it was downloaded to a folder with an existing firmware with the same name.
Hi and thx for the reply. The version in the camera now is 1.10. Note that thats version 1.10 not 1.01. I know about the 2 updates 1.05 and 2.00. Iv tried them both. I haven't looked at the BODYDATA the way it's spelt. I will check that. And I drag and dropped the download straight onto the main folder on the sd card. Not it any sub folders. I'll let you know how I get on. 😏

Hi and thx for the reply. The version in the camera now is 1.10. Note that thats version 1.10 not 1.01. I know about the 2 updates 1.05 and 2.00. Iv tried them both. I haven't looked at the BODYDATA the way it's spelt. I will check that. And I drag and dropped the download straight onto the main folder on the sd card. Not it any sub folders. I'll let you know how I get on. 😏
20230904_090525.jpg
  • SM-S908B
  • 2.2 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 64

Pls see my picture. Iv tried this with both files making sure it's spelt correctly and the camera still won't update ?
20230904_090636.jpg
  • SM-S908B
  • 2.2 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/25 sec
  • ISO 1000

Pls see my picture. Iv tried this with both files making sure it's spelt correctly and the camera still won't update ? View attachment 46342
The update is named correctly and in the correct location so I can't think of another reason why it wouldn't work I'm afraid. Have you tried downloading the update again just in case the file is corrupt? Where did you download it from? If you download it again and it still doesn't work I'd perhaps try downloading it from a different support site just in case the download at source is corrupt.

Download links for 2.0

The update is named correctly and in the correct location so I can't think of another reason why it wouldn't work I'm afraid. Have you tried downloading the update again just in case the file is corrupt? Where did you download it from? If you download it again and it still doesn't work I'd perhaps try downloading it from a different support site just in case the download at source is corrupt.

Download links for 2.0
Downloaded from Sony website 👌 sony.co.uk

Back