Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I started AlphaShooters.com in 2017 to share my own photographic journey and experiences with shooting Sony. The site has since evolved into a community and resource for Sony Alpha Shooters. Initially the community has been through one of the many Facebook Groups that I run, but in 2020 I decided to also add this forum to the site to provide an additional means for Alpha Shooters to share shots, ask questions and basically hang out with other Alpha Shooters.

Last edited:
Can now talk to the community in work. Let's hope they don't block the website!

Hi Tim! Sorry if this is not the thread for this (random) question, but I couldn't find a better spot... What is the orange icon of a person's torso and a pen next to some people's names? (Just curious?) I have it and so do you, but some people don't? (Edit, mine just disappeared...) Trying to figure out how the site works :)

• Admin
Hi Tim! Sorry if this is not the thread for this (random) question, but I couldn't find a better spot... What is the orange icon of a person's torso and a pen next to some people's names? (Just curious?) I have it and so do you, but some people don't? (Edit, mine just disappeared...) Trying to figure out how the site works :)
This spot is fine! :) The orange icon just means original poster so the person who started the thread. If you are using a desktop and hover over it with the mouse it should say this. It's probably not the best icon to be honest although I'm not sure what would work better. Hopefully with time people will soon start to understand what it means :)

Aaah! Now I understand!!! I'm indeed on mobile and clicking on it didn't give any info, hence the question :) thanks for explaining!

Back