Afternoon folks from Bucks

David Evans

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
David
Thank you for the add. I'm new to Sony Alpha cameras but have been using Nikon DSLRs for a few years and for travel a canon HS720 camera.
I brought the a6100 as a walk about camera and so far have found it easy to use and light in comparison to my Nikon D500 with 18-200 f3.5 lens.

Welcome aboard, the APSC lineup is indeed compact, yet capable.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your new camera! A reliable compact camera is always a good companion.

I was wondering how good the 55 to 210 mm lens is for sport? I'm going to Wimbledon tomorrow so I was wondering if better to take pocket with ultra zoom instead. We are 7 rows from the back so hope I have enough zoom capabilities 🤞🤔

I was wondering how good the 55 to 210 mm lens is for sport? I'm going to Wimbledon tomorrow so I was wondering if better to take pocket with ultra zoom instead. We are 7 rows from the back so hope I have enough zoom capabilities 🤞🤔
Never tried it myself, but reviews usually say its "just ok" for image quality.

I have the 18-135 and I was taking pictures of my niece's soccer game and found myself wishing for significantly more zoom, like the 70-350mm lens. Maybe nearer to the 200mm mark, you'll be fine with the 55-210mm, but I can't say for sure.

Back