A6.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM2
  • FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 10 sec
  • ISO 250

All that's left

"Jetty" does take quite a lot of imagination!

I love the soft colours in the water and sky.

Yes, that doesn't look like a jetty (any more) - I'd have expected two parallel lines of posts.

Powerful, yet tranquil, image of impermanence.

If I were editing the image, I'd have cropped away a bit of the foreground, but I don't know if that would improve the image - it would become kind of panoramic, emphasising the stretch into the distance, but would it harm the composition?

Yes, that doesn't look like a jetty (any more) - I'd have expected two parallel lines of posts.

Powerful, yet tranquil, image of impermanence.

If I were editing the image, I'd have cropped away a bit of the foreground, but I don't know if that would improve the image - it would become kind of panoramic, emphasising the stretch into the distance, but would it harm the composition?
Thanks, I have several versions of the old jetty from quite a few angles including drone shots from the other end. I personally like the composition of this one and the feel the reflections on the wet sand give to the overall perspective.

Thanks, I have several versions of the old jetty from quite a few angles including drone shots from the other end. I personally like the composition of this one and the feel the reflections on the wet sand give to the overall perspective.

I love it how the reflection of the first two posts come just above the bottom edge. A bottom edge crop would eat into that reflection and leave the image looking like it's amateur hour...

It's your image. It's your choice.

Back