Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Barcelona modernist architecture

alexpler

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Alex Pler
Country
Spain
City/State
Barcelona
Passeig Sant Joan street in Barcelona has many art-deco buildings and they were specially beautiful in the afternoon light.

A7C05419.jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 40mm F2.5 G
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 100

A7C05425.jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 40mm F2.5 G
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

A7C05404.jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 40mm F2.5 G
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

A7C05433.jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 40mm F2.5 G
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/40 sec
  • ISO 125

How they’re meant to be seen, I imagine. I’ve never visited Barcelona but I’m reminded of pony tails on Spanish dancers. So elegant.

These streets are full of trees so the sunlight always creates interesting patterns on the walls.

Great shots, probably my favourite Spanish city.

Thanks Dave. I can't be objective as I live here haha. But it's beautiful, at least as much as Madrid, Granada or Bilbao.

These streets are full of trees so the sunlight always creates interesting patterns on the walls.

Thanks Dave. I can't be objective as I live here haha. But it's beautiful, at least as much as Madrid, Granada or Bilbao.
In my own personal opinion, Madrid isn't in the same league as the others. I'd put Alicante in with the others, but then I spend quite a lot of time there.

Funny you said Bilbao, when I first visited there some 35 plus tears ago, with my wife who was born there, it was always recommended in guide books of the time as a city to avoid because it was the Pittsburgh of Spain, very industrial and polluted. I loved it but must admit that every since the cleanup, investment and espcially the building of the Guggenheim Museum the city has changed and is now a tourist destination

Funny you said Bilbao, when I first visited there some 35 plus tears ago, with my wife who was born there, it was always recommended in guide books of the time as a city to avoid because it was the Pittsburgh of Spain, very industrial and polluted. I loved it but must admit that every since the cleanup, investment and espcially the building of the Guggenheim Museum the city has changed and is now a tourist destination

Yeah, it has changed a lot in the last 20 years, now it's a complete different city. They clean-up the riverside, they built new monuments and sites, and also the tramway... it's very recommended now.

Actually I visited Bilbao last year and it was there that I decided that I needed a camera to take better pictures than my smartphone.

Is that uninspired behind the camera, or uninspired because of life drama mate?

Just behind the camera! One of those times were you feel you aren't good enough no matter how much you try. So the pictures of this post were therapeutic in a way.

That's called passion mate. The burning desire to be better at things you value most. The fear of letting yourself down. That means you care.

You won the non pro comp last month, and I don't understand how your entry won't win the pro comp this month. Mark my word, your photography journey is in good hands my friend. 🙂

That's called passion mate. The burning desire to be better at things you value most. The fear of letting yourself down. That means you care.

You won the non pro comp last month, and I don't understand how your entry won't win the pro comp this month. Mark my word, your photography journey is in good hands my friend. 🙂

Thank you mate. Your words are soothing and are appreciated.

I feel grateful for winning the non pro competition past month. Lucky me as there are some amazing pictures this month in both pro and non pro.

I guess the only trick to getting better is to keep shooting and enjoying the proces.

Big hug!

I learn something new each week in one way or another. Sometimes some new stuff also pops some old stuff out, then it takes a bit of time for me to combine them. In a lot of ways it's two steps forward, one step back with photography.

If you are naturally talented in seeing and judging compositions then you already have the most important factor. The other aspects of the process just take time, you literally only get better by doing them more and more.

I'm sure in a decades time you and I still won't think our images are good enough, and that's the most beautiful part of it. 🤗

I learn something new each week in one way or another. Sometimes some new stuff also pops some old stuff out, then it takes a bit of time for me to combine them. In a lot of ways it's two steps forward, one step back with photography.

If you are naturally talented in seeing and judging compositions then you already have the most important factor. The other aspects of the process just take time, you literally only get better by doing them more and more.

I'm sure in a decades time you and I still won't think our images are good enough, and that's the most beautiful part of it. 🤗

I know you are right. You keep learning and evolving in the process. Imagine you thought your pictures can't be any better, what would be left then?

Thank you, I appreciate these thoughts.

I had considered posting a thread about the lack of inspiration but it popped here. Hope it's helpful for other posters as well.

I was a personal trainer for years until the industry went in the direction of all the fake 'health' trends, I couldn't handle it after that!

Anyway, I used to take people over to the mirror and I'd tell them they will never feel this bad or look this bad again. I'd do it over and over again till I instilled it into their mind. Your only goal each day is to be better than you were yesterday. If it matters to you then you work on it day in day out.

My motivation for everything I do is the fear of being at the end and knowing that I could have done more. For the things that matter to me I make sure I leave absolutely no stone unturned because one thing is for sure, I cannot and will not let myself down. I've always believed in this notion of if you are there then you might as well make it count. 100% or nothing.

I think you should start that thread anyway, it would be nice to hear some other people's views as well. That would make for a good ongoing one I think. ✅

I was a personal trainer for years until the industry went in the direction of all the fake 'health' trends, I couldn't handle it after that!

Anyway, I used to take people over to the mirror and I'd tell them they will never feel this bad or look this bad again. I'd do it over and over again till I instilled it into their mind. Your only goal each day is to be better than you were yesterday. If it matters to you then you work on it day in day out.

My motivation for everything I do is the fear of being at the end and knowing that I could have done more. For the things that matter to me I make sure I leave absolutely no stone unturned because one thing is for sure, I cannot and will not let myself down. I've always believed in this notion of if you are there then you might as well make it count. 100% or nothing.

I think you should start that thread anyway, it would be nice to hear some other people's views as well. That would make for a good ongoing one I think. ✅

You are a wise man. Thank you Clint. Those words were needed.

New in Marketplace

Back